Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look up on-line and it seems it's safe to charge a car battery connected to a car( never done it tbh). Is it safe to do the same with canam's battery WHILE SxS IS TURNED OFF? Just dont feel like removing the seat to disconnect the wires.

·
Registered
268 Posts
X2...I don’t disconnect anything just put the Battery tender on it and all good.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Same here, battery tender, I connected the harness to the terminal posts between the seats, and it sticks out a few inches, no need to actually touch the battery connections. Plug it in, let it charge, done

·
Registered
52 Posts
I picked a terminal extender kit up and ran it through the firewall behind the passenger seat about a foot above the battery. Plenty of open space there on the backside above the sway bar that doesn't get dirt flung around. Then you just pop the caps off and hook your tender up on the backside without having to fight with the seat.

I also picked up 2 terminal covers to protect the wire and nut behind the seat. It's not needed but I was just worried about someone/something shorting it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked a terminal extender kit up and ran it through the firewall behind the passenger seat about a foot above the battery. Plenty of open space there on the backside above the sway bar that doesn't get dirt flung around. Then you just pop the caps off and hook your tender up on the backside without having to fight with the seat.

I also picked up 2 terminal covers to protect the wire and nut behind the seat. It's not needed but I was just worried about someone/something shorting it.

Just found out Lowrance can display in real time battery Voltage. Had no idea. Makes it easier to check if battery needs charged up. Damn accurate. Used a multi meter to check and got exactly the same reading as the GPS.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get a Lithium and you’ll never have to put it on a tender
I feel like whatever Mega did, adding charging lugs in the fender well, is the best option not only to charge it but also to jump start it. Here's a pic from this old thread

Did he ever start selling the brackets for PC1200 ?

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
I did the same. I just put mine right above the battery and they are easily accessible in the back fender well. Much better option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
I feel like whatever Mega did, adding charging lugs in the fender well, is the best option not only to charge it but also to jump start it. Here's a pic from this old thread

View attachment 259042

Did he ever start selling the brackets for PC1200 ?
Dont know if he did but utvinc sells em and im sure ive seen them elsewhere as well

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Official Site Vendor
7,058 Posts
This works good for jumping and charging.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts