Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Update guys: Bug battery helped till it didn’t. So I found out that my car charges the system till it doesn’t, when accelerating the car in park all of a sudden it goes from charging and going from 13.3 to 14.2 then cuts charging it and back down to 13.0 and doesn’t charge up. So I’m guessing I have a defective stator or rectifier.
What are your opinions?
That might not be the case. I remember reading somewhere you need to be at a specific rpm range for it to charge at capacity. I don't remember what it was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That might not be the case. I remember reading somewhere you need to be at a specific rpm range for it to charge at capacity. I don't remember what it was.
Normally I wouldn’t think this, but when I have the main bar which drains off it doesn’t charge well. Seems like it is bi polar and works with all but the bar on or some days with nothing, my guess is that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I added an additional ground which helped, but the car is now at 13.4, I’m going to add a ZRP Alternator kit down the road to worry even less but seems like it’s fixed.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.