Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking at putting a optima yellow top battery CCA750 CA870. I am wondering if the chargeing system will actually keep this much larger battery charged or will I have to put a battery charger on it time to time or should I just go a bit smaller. Yes I know its gonna weigh like 43#s haha. This I dont care about I do not race its muddin for me. But I have a 1200watt amp for speakers and plan on putting light bars later.

·
Registered
528 Posts
So Im looking at putting a optima yellow top battery CCA750 CA870. I am wondering if the chargeing system will actually keep this much larger battery charged or will I have to put a battery charger on it time to time or should I just go a bit smaller. Yes I know its gonna weigh like 43#s haha. This I dont care about I do not race its muddin for me. But I have a 1200watt amp for speakers and plan on putting light bars later.
We ran a Optima Yellow in the Commander racer for 2 years with zero issues...prob do the same thing on the new Maverick Racer...

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I ran a full size battery on my Rhino, and never had a problem. I think it will keep up as long as you do more daytime riding than night time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks guys just wasn't sure if stator would keep up
Anyone know what size stator/magneto the Maverick has ??? How many amps ??

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am wanting to put a power inverter in the rear trunk to run a 1,200 watt AC inverter that says it needs 120 amp power requirement... I'm thinking that it may be a bit of an overload... I run a lot of mountain trails that has some trees down on our trails due to Storm Sandy. the reason I am wanting to do it is because I want to run an electric chain saw so it don't make noise that will raise attention to our trail maintenance project like a gas powered saw causes... Any ideas ???

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I am wanting to put a power inverter in the rear trunk to run a 1,200 watt AC inverter that says it needs 120 amp power requirement... I'm thinking that it may be a bit of an overload... I run a lot of mountain trails that has some trees down on our trails due to Storm Sandy. the reason I am wanting to do it is because I want to run an electric chain saw so it don't make noise that will raise attention to our trail maintenance project like a gas powered saw causes... Any ideas ???
go old school and cut it with a hand saw.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't think I would live long enough to cut the trail trash out of the way if I would do it by hand... Play-Doh we here in WV go old school with our liquor .... Its white and will burn Blue... LoL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts