Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘15 xds turbo with evo stage 1 tune, evo catless up pipe and 2 bro’s racing exhaust.

What I am wondering is if the silicone charge tubes and a BOV are beneficial at all to the setup I have currently or are they not needed, and also what about if I send the tuner in for a higher stage tune, would I then need to add these also??

If they are beneficial to my current setup, I have seen that evo pwspts once made the hoses and BOV, but no longer seem to be, or at least they arent available currently. Is there anywhere else that has them available. I was hoping to stick with evo simply because they have done my tune. But if they don’t have anything available I’d go elsewhere also. Thanks for any help/info!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have the same setup as you .....I have the Evo tubes and BOV......I love them ! The tubes flow air faster, they are slightly larger , better insulated than the oem rubber ones. Besides the cool woozy sound of the BOV they work, my turbo spools quicker .......call Evo and ask them if they have them, don’t go by the website ......I think a few other resellers still have the Evo tubes ......you’re going to want the BOV if you retune and add more psi to the turbo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same setup as you .....I have the Evo tubes and BOV......I love them ! The tubes flow air faster, they are slightly larger , better insulated than the oem rubber ones. Besides the cool woozy sound of the BOV they work, my turbo spools quicker .......call Evo and ask them if they have them, don’t go by the website ......I think a few other resellers still have the Evo tubes ......you’re going to want the BOV if you retune and add more psi to the turbo
So you feel the tubes and BOV are actually beneficial even with just what I have for tune and exhaust now?

·
Registered
450 Posts
A BOV is definitely beneficial ......you need the charge tubes for the BOV .......I’m sure there is a small benefit to the tubes ......I noticed a difference with the BOV and the tubes were added at the same time .....it’s not going to be the same as adding a tune

the BOV releases the built up pressure built up in the charge side when you chop the throttle .....it allows the turbo to spool back up when you get back on the throttle

there’s a reason they are used in tuned and race cars ....it’s not for cool factor

·
Registered
450 Posts
BOV is a waste of money and gains you nothing but hey look at me.
Mega also hates OG Mavs :) I definitely noticed a difference in my turbo when I installed mine...much more responsive when on and off the throttle...the boost builds back up much quicker, and no one can look at me when I'm hauling ass in the woods because I'm the only one there :) Being quiet is one of the reasons I chose Trinity full exhaust instead of HMF

Bottom line is that it isn't a you must buy it now item....I'm glad that I made the purchase ! Hey look at me Mega !! Pretty please !!! Ill buy anything to get a much needed glance in my direction from Mega :)) lol... Mega has more knowledge than me on Can Am's

speaking of Megadesertdiesel I just had my Mercedes GLS turbo diesel tuned.....111 torque gain and 70hp gain!....definitely noticed more bottom end and no I'm not adding a BOV look at me device.......I just make the sounds with my mouth when I hit that gas, its cheaper that way :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are there any EVO charge tubes available still for the 1000 turbo? Been looking for one for my 17 1000 turbo. Only finding X3.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Call Evo.....not look at the site , call .......I saw some on a reseller of Evo’s website ....I’ll try and find it for you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Call Evo.....not look at the site , call .......I saw some on a reseller of Evo’s website ....I’ll try and find it for you
Thank you! I had messaged them with no luck. I had ordered from some resellers only to wait for months and then demand my money back. Gave them some slack for possible Covid shut downs but still have nothing. Should have called from the get go obviously.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for info. Just ordered a set of tubes and BOV from evo also, got the last set lol. Then this winter I will send the tuner back for a stage 3 tune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for info. Just ordered a set of tubes and BOV from evo also, got the last set lol. Then this winter I will send the tuner back for a stage 3 tune.
Lol. Nice. I knew I should have called a while ago. Usually I'm shopping after normal business hours with a few beers in me though.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Awesome ! Glad you guys took my advice to call ! I knew they had a few of them in the back......pretty cool that you guys got the last ones
Let us know if like the end result after installation

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome ! Glad you guys took my advice to call ! I knew they had a few of them in the back......pretty cool that you guys got the last ones
Let us know if like the end result after installation
Received everything yesterday, I’m hoping I can find some time next week to install them. But 😬. Was wondering how difficult and long the install was for you? I watched a video and looks like the center console top needs to be removed, and maybe the rear rack, besides that is there anything else to watch for or tricks to make it easier maybe??
I’m not a fan of removing the plastics so far even with the proper tools for the plastic rivet clips so if the console top is the most that comes out then not so bad I guess.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Congrats ! You’ll need to get over not being a fan of removing the interior plastic pieces ......you’ll be doing it for all maintenance and clutch cleanings. And yes , it sucks :). You also need to remove the intercooler plastics. It’s a relatively easy job, make sure all clamps are tight afterwards so that you don’t blow a tube off , you will also need to tap a port near the intake and adjust your BOV.......ride it a few times prior to putting the intercooler left plastic panel back on so that you can fine tune the BOV to open when you let off the gas but not be open when I the gas

while the center console plastic is out you may want to consider lining it with insulated thermo-tech reflective/insulated material ......lowers engine noise and heat ......same with the side panels

Reactions: kris55414

·
Registered
5 Posts
Received everything yesterday, I’m hoping I can find some time next week to install them. But 😬. Was wondering how difficult and long the install was for you? I watched a video and looks like the center console top needs to be removed, and maybe the rear rack, besides that is there anything else to watch for or tricks to make it easier maybe??
I’m not a fan of removing the plastics so far even with the proper tools for the plastic rivet clips so if the console top is the most that comes out then not so bad I guess.
Mine all showed up today. Charge tubes are all installed, waiting on longer silicon vacuum line for BOV that I ordered the other day. It isn't a hard install at all. Rack doesn't need to be removed. I trimmed the short 90 degree silicon intercooler intake a little shorter, seemed to ease the bend a little. Longest part of install was looking for a nut for the T bolt clamp i dropped somewhere.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts