Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this but is there a write up on how to change the transmission oil and the diff oils? Also how much each takes? I do know how to change the motor and filter.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
221 Posts
Everything is in the manual

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think the front diff takes 500ml and rear takes 400ml 75-90.
Transmission takes 75-140 and I believe it was 500ml if I remember right. I just got the gear oil for all of mine this weekend. Basically half a quart is what it amounts too. Check the amount for the transmission though..I can't remember if that was right or not.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I can't find anything in the manual about the diffs.
The capacities are in the manual..that's where I found them. I don't have my manual with me or I would tell you exactly where at.
I believe it's in the very back where it tells the specs of the maverick. Looks like a chart, from one model to the next. I'm not sure if it tells you how to change the gear oil in them or not though.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
All the fluid volumes and alternate oil recommendations if not BRP fluids are in the back. There is nothing in that little book that tells you how to change the diff fluids though unfortunately. I had to flex my Google-fu and look up some info.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
All u need is some metric Allen wrenches and a lot of patients lol. I don't remember the sizes but open the fill cap on diff, open the drain cap on bottom of diff, drain, run the drain cap back in, fill up & install fill plug. That is the directions for diff fluid changes. Works for the front and back. Drain & fill on front diff is on passenger side. Fill plug for rear is on passenger side, drain cap is on driver side

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
All u need is some metric Allen wrenches and a lot of patients lol. I don't remember the sizes but open the fill cap on diff, open the drain cap on bottom of diff, drain, run the drain cap back in, fill up & install fill plug. That is the directions for diff fluid changes. Works for the front and back. Drain & fill on front diff is on passenger side. Fill plug for rear is on passenger side, drain cap is on driver side
X2. Pretty simple if you don't have gigantic hands. The next time you do it, it will be a lot easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts