Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Changing Plastidip colors

19K views 76 replies 19 participants last post by  heavysledz 
#1 · (Edited)
Tired of all black so I'm replacing the black on the sides with red. Also covering the rear fenders with black to make them look like new. Gonna spray a little metallic over the red and then clear coat it also.

See less See more
#2 ·
wow pretty cool chit thx for the write up n pics

#7 ·
how do u prep it just thinner or cleaner and tape off and spray ?

#5 · (Edited)
I wanted to do a candy apple red with marbleizer in it. House of kolor makes it. That was what was on my harley. It looks just like marble when done. Then paint all the yellow including cage candy red. The red with flake will look bad to the bone to. here is a link to what it would look like

http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_artistic.jsp#

#17 ·
so u actually add wax to it b4 painting it ? u don't use a wax and grease remover ?

#10 ·
Why does it look so low to the ground in the 2nd pic?

#12 · (Edited)
Are you having them powder coated red? Or just respringing the shocks?

#16 ·
Gotcha ya. It will be interesting to see how that spring set up works.

#19 ·
ok cool thx man ,

is the stuff pink u spray it with that's what we used in the body shop but after we paint and color sand

#21 ·
ok thx

ima do the side panels, 4 parts total - how many cans do I need of the 11oz cans ?

thanks

#25 ·
why didn't you just spray the red over top of the black?

#32 ·
just panted the side panels black tonight gonna do the hood also I like the all black look !!!

and it peels off easy and its left perfect under it !

#33 ·
Do they sell this stuff in any high gloss colors?

#35 ·
does the gloss effect how it peels back off?

#37 ·
cool....I gotta get some of this stuff to try out on something to see how I like it. I could freak out the wife and paint her SLK flat black and see how long she screams :in love:

#39 ·
thanks man...will do.

#40 ·
yup they sell a clear coat could use it like a bra on the front of a car or truck or over the flat colors for a shine ,

this stuff is awesome

actually people buy brand new 100k benz and coat there car inflat black or white , and peel it later and car is brand new under it

#41 ·
I'm over at the webiste checking it out....cool stuff since it isn't permanent you can get as crazy as you want!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.