Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ok thx

ima do the side panels, 4 parts total - how many cans do I need of the 11oz cans ?

thanks

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Two cans of something like red, cause thats what I used, and I think 1 of black might do it, but get 2 to be sure.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Two cans of something like red, cause thats what I used, and I think 1 of black might do it, but get 2 to be sure.
awesome thanks man !

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
why didn't you just spray the red over top of the black?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
why didn't you just spray the red over top of the black?
Because I did some testing on the front bumper plastics that I took off, and the red sprayed over the yellow really pops. But the red spray over black comes out darker. Just doesn't look as good.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Because I did some testing on the front bumper plastics that I took off, and the red sprayed over the yellow really pops. But the red spray over black comes out darker. Just doesn't look as good.
makes sense.....I am surprised the color would bleed thru on this stuff. It looks pretty thick...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's why you are the anoited king of plastic dip spray.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
just panted the side panels black tonight gonna do the hood also I like the all black look !!!

and it peels off easy and its left perfect under it !

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
just panted the side panels black tonight gonna do the hood also I like the all black look !!!

and it peels off easy and its left perfect under it !
Do they sell this stuff in any high gloss colors?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
does the gloss effect how it peels back off?

·
Registered
252 Posts
does the gloss effect how it peels back off?
Nope a lot of people say it helps it peel easier. The way it works is the more coats you use the easier it is to peel

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
cool....I gotta get some of this stuff to try out on something to see how I like it. I could freak out the wife and paint her SLK flat black and see how long she screams :in love:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Check out dipyourcar.com they sell everything plastidip you could ever want. That's where I always go. I've used it a lot on my car and around the house on random stuff

Reactions: heavysledz

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks man...will do.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yup they sell a clear coat could use it like a bra on the front of a car or truck or over the flat colors for a shine ,

this stuff is awesome

actually people buy brand new 100k benz and coat there car inflat black or white , and peel it later and car is brand new under it

21 - 40 of 77 Posts