Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tired of all black so I'm replacing the black on the sides with red. Also covering the rear fenders with black to make them look like new. Gonna spray a little metallic over the red and then clear coat it also.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wow pretty cool chit thx for the write up n pics

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I wanted to do a candy apple red with marbleizer in it. House of kolor makes it. That was what was on my harley. It looks just like marble when done. Then paint all the yellow including cage candy red. The red with flake will look bad to the bone to. here is a link to what it would look like

http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_artistic.jsp#

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It peeled off great. I had to use my fingernail on some of the edges, no giggle though. And for prep I wipe it down with Meguire's Quick Detailer and a microfiber.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Why does it look so low to the ground in the 2nd pic?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't powder coat nuthin'! Rattle can all the way!
But yeah, I'm putting the front springs in the rear, and I ordered some softer springs for the front.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't powder coat nuthin'! Rattle can all the way!
But yeah, I'm putting the front springs in the rear, and I ordered some softer springs for the front.
Gotcha ya. It will be interesting to see how that spring set up works.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
It peeled off great. I had to use my fingernail on some of the edges, no giggle though. And for prep I wipe it down with Meguire's Quick Detailer and a microfiber.
so u actually add wax to it b4 painting it ? u don't use a wax and grease remover ?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
There's no wax in it and it's safe to use in a painting environment.
ok cool thx man ,

is the stuff pink u spray it with that's what we used in the body shop but after we paint and color sand

1 - 20 of 77 Posts