Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Changes and new items from CT in 2014

9K views 56 replies 36 participants last post by  AReed 
#1 ·
I wanted to take a little time and let people know what we have going on. We've spent 2013 changing the business into more of a UTV parts production house from a full 1 off fabrication shop and that comes along with some changes. We raced our Maverick since March of 2013 and I've torn up a lot of parts and I have a better understanding of what works, what doesn't work, and areas that need attention in most forms of riding and racing. I did some racing on the east coast this year with several wins and a fair amount of trail riding but I spent a lot of time testing, further more I was given an opportunity to run the Vegas to Reno race and I learned a lot there. What does all that mean? It means better parts that are tested in real world conditions and not just from the side line but instead from the driver's seat. I'm going to slow down on the racing part and focus more on the business side of things this year to better cater to the maverick owners and here's what's going on.

First off, all our parts are now orderable from our website for customers (except for international orders) and soon for dealers. This will make the ordering process much easier and when we throw sales the site will reflect the sale prices. The same will go with pre-ordering parts when we first release them.

Second we're working on some new parts. Most of these are not on the market and offered by anyone else. Here are a couple things that we're about to release that I've been working on.

* Rear high clearance boxed arms that match the front. Details of exactly how they’re built can be seen in the a arm thread but these are a high clearance fully boxed a arm that offers full protection of the axle shaft and is built to take a direct impact by rocks or anything else you might encounter. These will be ran in KOH in roughly a month.

* Lower a arm braces and skids. This is much different than anything out there right now. It's an aluminum brace system that wraps around the lower arms with some lateral bracing and has a UHMW skid. The skid will promote sliding and be less noisy than a bare aluminum skid. These should be a big hit for the guys that not only want an a arm skid but also want to increase the strength of the arm with more than a skid. These will be available for the standard 64" models AND the XXC models.

* I'm in works of a true desert style long travel kit. This will feature the same high clearance designs as our lower a arms but in a +5 setup for up to 20" of wheel travel that can fully handle darn near anything thrown at it. It will use uniballs and rod ends for adjustability and strength. We'll have a variation that will work with factory shocks and an option that uses an uprighted truck style shock that will be much more efficient. This will get ran on a SCORE BITD Maverick this year.

* We hope to have a full dual rate setup and tune for the Maverick Max and also a revalve before March. We see that the Max can use some work as well and we're trying to get everything we can out of it. The same goes for the base model 2.0 shocks and the XXC shocks.

* Front sway bars are in the shop and currently getting tested for a race and trail setup. We'll have something that helps it turn better but also allows the suspension to work over rough terrain.

* We have several small items that should be out by mid February including winch mounts that would well with gusset kits, gusset based winch mount, rear winch, roofs, harness bars, cage mounted spare tire mount, rear bumper with swing away tire carrier, and hopefully by summer we may be able to work on some doors for the Max and two seater. We're still pushing forward on our cage in a box that will feature CNC bent and laser notched tube and a roof for the DIY guys. The cage will also come fully welded and ready to go from us. We have some other things in the works too so we aren't limited to what's listed above.

We're revamping our computer systems to track our inventory better but also help with the addition of online sales. We'll have invoices emailed over along with tracking when the order ships as soon as we're done updating everything. Speaking of the computer stuff we'll have detailed color instructions with all of our products to help ease of installation, something that we've been lacking.
I'm in the process of hiring another guy in the shop. This will help our inventory on parts, especially bumpers, and it will leave us more for R&D to get products on the market faster.

My goal is to not just bring parts to the market, but to bring the best possible parts to the market. Anybody can throw parts together and send it out the door but attention to detail, great design and high quality parts it what we strive to build and I think it shows.

Thank you guys for all of the support and we hope we can better serve everyone in 2014.

If you have any questions, suggestions that will help us cater to you guys better, or anything that you would like to see us add to the build list please let me know.

Thanks
Alex Reed

See less See more
#31 ·
Great. I have 30 Nuclear Welders and great welding equipment available, but trying to fab a cage at work, not so easy. But welding it, I can do that and call it training. Hehe.
What will be the material? Sorry for bombarding you with questions. But I got tax return money burning a hole in my pocket.

#37 ·
Great products and very helpful! Best of luck, even if that means my bank account will be threatened...

#40 ·
Unlikely. It would probably steer like hell and be unbalanced.
I'm going to get to rear bumpers as soon as I can. We have piles of fronts that I'm still working on to get them out the door.

#43 ·
Alex,
since I know your sitting around all day with not a think to do or develop....lol... I have a suggestion on something that is not on the market yet that I know of. not sure how big of a seller it would be or even if its worth it. but if I don't toss it out there I will never know. should be pretty simple ( least I hope it is to make it worth while ). behind the rear passenger seat on max under the seat is a battery, now a 2nd battery location mount would be great. 2 ways to do it, simple make a insulated plate and box to fit above the existing battery ( nd trash that cheap plastic piece oem has on it , I assume you could double stack in there, not sure really) or go all out and put it just outside the back panel and maybe even use that wasted bracket back there as a mount. not sure about that, but would be cool if it looked right but it would take a lot more that way to look right. maybe option 1 is best so your not out a lot if it don't sell to well,

#45 ·
I should have left mine there for him to build up too!

#47 ·
Just as soon as win the lottery...inherit something... I like to do my own work when I can, but lately no good time to work on it. But I have started a small pile of parts to bolt on when I can!

#49 ·
The small pile consists of the third CT gusset, CT rear radius arms, Blingstar doors, and good durable O-rings to replace the not so durable stock shock O-rings. Might get started on the radius arms, gusset, and doors tomorrow. I hope

Reactions: GosuPaintballer
#51 ·
I just hired a new shop guy once I get him up to speed we'll be caught up with our backorders and really start pounding out some new products on the list. With the recent KOH race I'm really fired up to build some new very high quality parts. I think for the most part the UTV market is lacking in quality to some of the Full size and desert products out there. We're going to raise the bar again this spring with some stuff no one has seen.

#52 ·
you need to move out west!!! keep up the hard work

#54 ·
Make a bracket to relocate the rear differential back another 8-10"��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

It's happening along with stretched rear arms buddy! They'll be on my car by summer. This is a lot of work to get it into kit form but its on the long list.

#57 ·
I hear yeah man.
Right now my focus is getting caught up on all the orders we have to where out maximum backlog of non inventoried items is only 3-5 days and not 2 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.