Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems there are a ton of clutching problems with the maverick, do we know if they were addressed in the max? any other things they addressed changed on the max... just curious... thank you...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the site. My guess would be no changes to the clutch system. For some reason the BRP engineers think this clutch design is a good design just like they think the shaft saver is a great idea.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I Hope that the Arrogant Can Am Engineers realize that the Max is going to be way heavier and carrying more load with passengers of course and that just means the Belt and clutches are gonna be really stressed. I really don't want to add clutches to it right after buying it but I will see. I want the Max bad but the clutching Issues worry me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just think of it as part of the original price.
Honestly if the new clutch takes away the worry with flawless performance, then its worth every penny

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Can Am makes an awesome product! Except for the primary in the cvt system. Just buy the machine, change the primary, and be happy!
I agree. It seems like their engineers over thought their design on both the CVT and the shaft saver.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I cant wait to see a bunch of max's out in the dunes with people in them ! with a stock clutch , im curious

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
They had to do something to the clutching on the max. There is no way that they could release the bigger max with the same clutch components. I'm sure glamis fan is right and they are stoned,but even a crack head would realize that it's gonna be a problem!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I would love to be able to throw a new primary in there just not sure I have the funds to do so after buying the vehicle... we will see... I do hope they addressed it and maybe they can provide it to the maverick owners to give them a more stable platform too. I am wicked excited... hopefully I can get one soon. Looking forward to being part of the "club" thanks you for the replies

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I had heard from a usual reliable source that some changes were addressed and made, what that is who knows, if it is true. when I see it I will believe it. just passing on what I heard not saying its true, just what I heard

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
They had to do something to the clutching on the max. There is no way that they could release the bigger max with the same clutch components. I'm sure glamis fan is right and they are stoned,but even a crack head would realize that it's gonna be a problem!
They only way those "crackhead" engineers would have made changes is if they thought it would get them to the pipe first!! :haha:

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
It would get them to the pipe first cuz there clutch won't blow lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts