Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a rip other day on Snow/Frozen Lake. Everything went great then 30 or so minutes after hardcore ripping noticed CEL light on. But no limp mode no Active Faults. Took home brought to car wash cleaned off all snow and ice (was caked with snow all over) and thawed out in heated garage over night. Was running fine. Cleaned snow out of intake. Disconnected battery over night. And Light still On. (EVO Stage 3 93 tune) charge tubes and exhaust. Then after turning on n off few more time while at home trying to find problem it kinda sputtered on start up so I drained tank as much as I could and ran new 93 in it. No luck. I see no leaks anywhere all hoses n exhaust all tight. My next step is checking belt see if it maybe got fryed do to a lot of spinning tires in snow/ice and gonna re check pressure on wastegate. Any other tips would be great. Check engine light is on display instantly it comes on about 2-3 seconds after starting. Idk if that’s normal timing or what. 2019 XDS Turbo R

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went for a rip other day on Snow/Frozen Lake. Everything went great then 30 or so minutes after hardcore ripping noticed CEL light on. But no limp mode no Active Faults. Took home brought to car wash cleaned off all snow and ice (was caked with snow all over) and thawed out in heated garage over night. Was running fine. Cleaned snow out of intake. Disconnected battery over night. And Light still On. (EVO Stage 3 93 tune) charge tubes and exhaust. Then after turning on n off few more time while at home trying to find problem it kinda sputtered on start up so I drained tank as much as I could and ran new 93 in it. No luck. I see no leaks anywhere all hoses n exhaust all tight. My next step is checking belt see if it maybe got fryed do to a lot of spinning tires in snow/ice and gonna re check pressure on wastegate. Any other tips would be great. Check engine light is on display instantly it comes on about 2-3 seconds after starting. Idk if that’s normal timing or what. 2019 XDS Turbo R
Also was thinking possible low voltage at first from battery due to a lot of snow piling on that while riding. But battery all dry now.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
358 Posts
Also was thinking possible low voltage at first from battery due to a lot of snow piling on that while riding. But battery all dry now.
Have you tried reading the codes while it's running and the CEL is on? Are you reading them from the dash cluster os a code reader? I don't think the dash shows stored codes only active ones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried reading the codes while it's running and the CEL is on? Are you reading them from the dash cluster os a code reader? I don't think the dash shows stored codes only active ones.
I do it while it’s running with CEL currently on.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
358 Posts
I don’t have maptuner. Looking at getting one though.
Might be the only way to correct issues you are having. They are a bit pricey but well worth it in the long run. I run their 3R also and it has been flawless. It's nice being able to check and clear codes while out riding. Can save a trip in a pinch...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Little update. Narrowed down not o2 sensor. Unplugged threw that code p0030 at me plugged back in went away. Checked out belt seems spotless no glazing. This weekend will be fully draining tank and checking out and throwing some new fuel in it. And see how she goes. Also will be ordering maptuner for future.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Little update. Narrowed down not o2 sensor. Unplugged threw that code p0030 at me plugged back in went away. Checked out belt seems spotless no glazing. This weekend will be fully draining tank and checking out and throwing some new fuel in it. And see how she goes. Also will be ordering maptuner for future.
UPDATE. NEW GAS in after drained tank ran 15 miles and light gone. Shoot yeah!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts