Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than getting heat away from engine, turbo and other components what other benefits are there to removing cat?

any cons like warranty issues or public riding rules/issues?

thinking of removing on 2019 xrs Max.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Remove restricted air flow. If warranty is concern remove cat Membrane and leave stock pipe. I cut mine and pressed it out. Others have used a concrete bit because it is hardened steel tops. Or just get an aftermarket pipe and keep the stock pipe to put back on for warranty claims.

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
Basically you touched on the pros, and it's less restrictive, more free flowing with it off, or gutted. All depends on the dealership concerning warranty issues. Some are cool, and don't care. Some won't budge. Public riding they might be more concerned about spark arrestors, you just never know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Meh, gutted mine and everyone still thinks it's super quiet. Maybe a bit more noise when it's to the mat, but can't say that I've noticed! The turbo does a great job of shushing it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Meh, gutted mine and everyone still thinks it's super quiet. Maybe a bit more noise when it's to the mat, but can't say that I've noticed! The turbo does a great job of shushing it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I didn't think it was noticeable but after I gutted my CAT and had a courtesy sound check at the dunes I was 4db higher than the limit of 93db for US Forest Service Oregon dunes. Gutted CAT at the time was the only mod I had on the exhaust system. Was told "I shouldn't ride anymore until I got it fixed or risk a ticket in the future". :big smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts