Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm sorry for this.

lets-beat-that-horse.jpg

I'm punching out the cat for a customer today and realized that building a cat delete pipe for one of these things wouldn't be a huge deal.

First off I'm not in the performance market and I don't intend on getting in it. I think this would remove a lot of heat out of the back and with the aftermarket exhausts not gaining a ton of power per dollar its hard for a lot of people to pull the trigger on them, plus I think a HP or two might be possible with the slight restriction. I'm ordering a couple pieces today and I'm going to make a very quick jig for the cat and see if its feasible to whip these thing up for a reasonable amount of money to sell them. Everything would be tig welded 304 stainless and while its going to be hard to get them to flow perfect its not going to be hard to make them flow better than stock.

The question is, if I could make these for somewhere around the $200 mark would people buy them? I remember reading the other thread a while back and guys saying that at $150 it would sell all day but with the cost of materials, tig expenses and time, I don't think I can do it for $150.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Im sure they would sell, I would probably buy one cause I cant weld very well and with me being gone all the time I wouldn't want to take the time to fab it myself. So the closer u got to 175 range im sure people couldn't complain a whole hell of a lot. My .02

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I agree 100% with River Rat. If you could do like $200 shipped I think many would buy, but ultimately even if you the ball park I believe you could sell.

I definitely want one. I have been wanting one for a year. I refuse to buy a full exhaust for nearly $1000 when the exhaust on my Ford Raptor wasn't even that much.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u don't need to remove mufflers as some times there stuck on , lol

u can slip the whole rear section out in 1 piece out the side mufflers cat and all , drill it out slap back in,

make a few, have customers send u there's , have some cores ready to ship out !

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would buy one for $200 shipped.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have been waiting as well for one to come out. Was going to go to my local muffler shop, but for $200 shipped I would be down to order one.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Something quick to swap back to stock for warranty work would probably do well. Spending the $$ for the extended warranty is the only thing that makes me hesitant to do any kind of motor mods.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Definitely interested, Alex!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Count me in!! Are they ready yet??

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Alex,

This is a great idea not only for the heat reduction and better airflow.....but it will allow us to buy slip-on systems instead of full or 3/4 systems and get darn near the same performance at about half the price.

I would be interested in this for sure and I know the quality will be there if you are building it.

Reactions: AReed

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Count me in!! Are they ready yet??
No, they aren't ready. I just ordered materials today to make the first one. I hope to have one made by the end of next week, I still need to draw the flange and have it cut early next week.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Im in! Can't stand the heat the cat generates on this wagon. It's only because of the crackpots in CA (read Obummers minions) that these are being put on anyway. Hey Alex are you going to put an X-Pipe in to keep the flow moving?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Start a preorder list. I call first one!!!

Reactions: AReed
1 - 20 of 201 Posts