Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Any muffler shop worth there title can build a cat delete, Just tell them to keep the pipes as close to the stock length as possible. This is not a hard job for them!! so stop waiting for some 300.00 delete to happen and save some money also.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
just got done drilling and hammering out my old cat now I have a cat delete for free ! lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
That works, but you ended the life of a very costly part!
lol when will I ever need it again , and whos really gonna know if its in there or not still unless they take it all apart ?? lol

its no biggie we don't need them in az or anywhere in a sxs !

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
this is your cat its 3'' round and 4'' long - this is just the center

Water Rock Geology
Technology Furniture Car seat Electronic device Chair
Water Rock Sky Photography Sea

·
Registered
272 Posts
Silly question but how'd you get that crap outa there?

Nathan

·
Registered
177 Posts
don't need it, but you might lose a couple hp up top. depending on a couple variables. I,m at 700 feet above sea level. so since the o2 sensor only works in the lower rpm's. any mods to increase air flow will affect hp more the closer to sea level you are. ( it is tuned for sea level ) the higher your elevation the better the chance of gaining hp up top. since the higher you go the less air you are getting, so intake/exhaust mods work better in higher elevations. since it increases the amount of air you are moving. any one mod and its still close add a couple together and a controller becomes necessary, so you are not running to lean .

Reactions: ToddB1

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I drilled mine out with a big drill bit then flat head screw driver'd the rest out around the edges ! that's the center u see I drilled all around it to get it out its 4'' long by 3'' round total

the computer actually has enough to adjust for a tiny mod like this . no extra fueling is needed

·
Registered
230 Posts
Isn't there an airflow meter to alter fuelling ?, along with the other parameters, Which would compensate for any air flow differences.Modern airflow meters can also monitor intake temp, don't know if this is the case for the Mav but I'm sure I've seen a plug entering the big plastic plenum behind the throttle body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had put a AF gauge in before I took the cat out so I would know what changes it made, It leaned the idle out to about 15:9 from 14:8 stock. Also in stock form on the top end it was rich at 11: 6 to 11:8, that did not change but I put a tuner in the lean it down to about 12:4 and got the idle back to 15:3, and yes it dose run better with this setup.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No airflow meters.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ok cool, just wondered what this sensor was while I was snooping around ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would say intake air temp

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.