Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With spark arrestors out, i get like a rattling sound at idle and low rpms. Anybody else experiencing this? Got all the panels off to check for exhaust leak cant find any.

·
Registered
307 Posts
on my 16' turbo, i did the cat delete with the stock mufflers, i notice a little ratty sound that almost sounds like a leak for a brief moment in the low rpms.. cant find a leak or anything anywhere. its prob just the mufflers. (although yoshi's)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you notice any performance differences when you installed the cat delete vs with stock cat? trying to decide if Im going to get one.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I cant say I noticed any performance (hmf cat delete with stock non Yoshi mufflers) but I did notice a HUGE reduction in heat coming from behind me. that alone made it worth it in my eyes

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No did not, have all gasket ordered from front to back. I did block to exhaust for short amount of time to pressurize system and cant seem to find any leaks. Was wondering if it was my slip ons and cat delete pipe combination causing some sort of resonance ? It really annoys me!! Ill go over all gaskets when i get home next week and go from there i guess.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would replace the 2 doughnut gaskets on the delete pipe and see if that helps. Mine started leaking shortly after installing my delete pipe because i reused them. Anytime that seal is broken you should replace them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the gaskets resolve this issue? I'm hearing it as well, after my cat delete install with original gaskets. I sprayed some soapy water on the gaskets and started it up and there are very slight leaks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts