Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be interested in a Cat Delete Kit? We were looking at the Cat and I'm pretty sure you can unbolt it and replace that section. There might be some hidden horses there I'm not sure. I don't have access to a dyno... let me know what you all think

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
of course if it works and causes no problems !

simple bolt in bolt out if needed for dealer work !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
I seriously doubt you would see any change in performance from bypassing the Cat on the stock exhaust. If someone does it I would like to see or hear about the results.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think we will see some minor gains.. Catalytic converters have come a long way in the past few years

·
Registered
853 Posts
You might see a small difference if this was a V8. I just don't see it making a difference by bypassing it on the stock exhaust. The stock exhaust is tuned with this motor, remove the cat it's no longer tuned. Without the proper back pressure that this system creates it will throw off the way it's been tuned and balanced more then likely decreasing your horse power.

Replacing the exhaust and adding a bored TB and new air box yes, I see that making a little bit of a difference.

Like I said I would be excited to hear the results however I am a betting man and I would bet that it will be no or less improvement.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input!! I still think that its worth a try!! Whats it going to hurt. We thought about boring the stock cat out but we decided against it if this didn't work. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Im planning on making a delete pipe also (Just for my personal rig, not for sale). There is NO REASON to have cats on an "OFF HIGHWAY RIG"... Damn California making them put them on all the units they sell. I can assure you one thing with the cats gone, it will reduce exhaust heat big time.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Im planning on making a delete pipe also (Just for my personal rig, not for sale). There is NO REASON to have cats on an "OFF HIGHWAY RIG"... Damn California making them put them on all the units they sell. I can assure you one thing with the cats gone, it will reduce exhaust heat big time.
But what about the environment???

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
nope

·
Registered
761 Posts
But what about the environment???
Do you know how much pollution they make making the Prius. What about jet skies, lawn mowers, sprint cars, boats, etc....
Im thinking a cat on a 350 chevy powered wakeboard boat that burns 40 gallons of fuel on the weekend would be better money spent..

There worried about a 1000cc "OFF HIGHWAY" rig....

Sorry for the rant.. I just think its stupid to have a cat on a off highway rig. I mean if you decide to not drive your car or truck on the highway then you are allowed to remove them, why even have them on something that will not see the highway. If California wants to put cats on then you should be able to drive and lic for use on the highway.......

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Do you know how much pollution they make making the Prius. What about jet skies, lawn mowers, sprint cars, boats, etc....
Im thinking a cat on a 350 chevy powered wakeboard boat that burns 40 gallons of fuel on the weekend would be better money spent..

There worried about a 1000cc "OFF HIGHWAY" rig....

Sorry for the rant.. I just think its stupid to have a cat on a off highway rig. I mean if you decide to not drive your car or truck on the highway then you are allowed to remove them, why even have them on something that will not see the highway. If California wants to put cats on then you should be able to drive and lic for use on the highway.......
Now that would be nice, blastin thru traffic! Why dont they i mean you can roll around in a homade trike or reverse three wheeler?
They dont have ROPS or seatbelts?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Now that would be nice, blastin thru traffic! Why dont they i mean you can roll around in a homade trike or reverse three wheeler?
They dont have ROPS or seatbelts?
Its only fair right? You want this Off Road rig to have emissions then we should be able to drive it on the streets....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts