Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the dyno run and results. As I said, 2 HP at the wheels. The pipes in the video were not the production ones, they are being bent on a Mandrel bender and won't have any imperfections. Thought you might enjoy...so..well, enjoy.

dyno cat delete.jpg dyno stock.jpg

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, that is with a stock fuel controller, belt that was used a full season, stock clutches of course. My question is for a stock machine is sure appears low? Yes I remember the great debates about different dynos and how they work..etc. But from what you guys hear...does my machine sound normal? To me, my stock HP even with the cat delete seems low...and concerns me. But then, the wierd thing is I beat mav's, and stage 2 alba 900 rzr's.....conflicting reports. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cat and resonator delete? What's the price gonna be

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure, I am just the customer. I got my dyno bill and cat bill...and I got a discount on the kit for letting him use my machine to mock it up. I love the sound, it's much throatier and not over the top. He is getting set up for vendor, but on maverick addiction as well...and I think he may have a store on his site. I'm happy with the results...wait till you guys see the rest =)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sounds interesting gains are gains maybe better with a fuel controller too. Im interested seems everyone has fallen off the map on making these anyway.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will tell you there is more HP after you dial it in with a controller. I did the cat delete last year and then added the controller and can tell it picked up a little more power. I would guess maybe 4 HP with the controller.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
BTW, that is with a stock fuel controller, belt that was used a full season, stock clutches of course. My question is for a stock machine is sure appears low? Yes I remember the great debates about different dynos and how they work..etc. But from what you guys hear...does my machine sound normal? To me, my stock HP even with the cat delete seems low...and concerns me. But then, the wierd thing is I beat mav's, and stage 2 alba 900 rzr's.....conflicting reports. Any thoughts?
dyno's dyno different #'s different parts of the day and year and elevation

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I mentioned in a previous post, that place has done work within the industry on Mavs. Seems mine is weaker by several hp, maybe as much as 5 from other stock machines. Maybe there is more to it, but I am very concerned obviously. I wasn't there, so I don't know the whole deal....but I am going to call and get more info.

And yes, the cat kit are on their website. It's www.hardlineutv.com I think.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will tell you there is more HP after you dial it in with a controller. I did the cat delete last year and then added the controller and can tell it picked up a little more power. I would guess maybe 4 HP with the controller.
What controller are people going with these days? It's super super rich when it runs, I know that. How much more do I need to spend? :)

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Interesting and I'll say thanks for being the guinea pig on this. After all the aftermarket parts I've put on that have added a ton of weight a 28lb savings is huge. That alone is well worth the money IMO. I'll be picking one up soon. As far as a fuel controller Im thinking a PC5 with Auto Tune is what I'll be using.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The guy there is named Rich, great guy. Is as addicted to the sport as much as any of us are. He'll treat you right.

·
Registered
274 Posts
So in the 2nd Chart it looks like you may loose some low end or beginning HP from 15 - 40mph... Am I reading that right?

Also Does he have a 0 - 60mph or 15 - 60mph time in his Data for these Runs? Curious to see which one accelerated quicker up to 60...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Second chart is with stock exhaust, the first one is with the cat delete kit. As for 0-60...I don't think so, but then to be honest I didn't ask. I don't really much care...so I didn't ask. I can check for the heck of it though.

·
Registered
528 Posts
What controller are people going with these days? It's super super rich when it runs, I know that. How much more do I need to spend? :)
I highly recommend a DynoJet.. it is very easy to set up and has a number of other options that most others dont offer (like advancing the timing)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Second chart is with stock exhaust, the first one is with the cat delete kit. As for 0-60...I don't think so, but then to be honest I didn't ask. I don't really much care...so I didn't ask. I can check for the heck of it though.
Ahh,

the X to 60 Times I'm thinking give you a clear indicator too of what you really gain or loose... If Stock Machine covers 0 - 60 in 10 Seconds and the Cat Delete does it in X seconds you know for sure that there was an improvement or not.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I highly recommend a DynoJet.. it is very easy to set up and has a number of other options that most others dont offer (like advancing the timing)
Are you talking about the PC5? And does that come with the wide band like the doebeck?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Solid info for the guys wanting to do a cat delete only.

·
Registered
363 Posts
So has anybody determined if going with a straight pipe or a crossover is the way to go?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Reactions: RiverRat77
1 - 20 of 64 Posts