Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my local muffler and fab shop cut the cat and resonators out today and I am very happy with the results. We replaced the factory stuff with pipes as equal as we could to the length of the cat setup. I had installed a AF gauge knowing I would be doing this soon and kept track of my AF in all possible load conditions and idle, what I found is at idle it is a little leaner from 14.8 to 15.1 ratio. at a steady cruise it seems to move around some what, stock it would hold 14.8 to 15.0 rock steady, now it will go from 14.7 to 15.3, a bit hard to read at times, under full throttle stock it was 11.8 to 12.1, now it is 11.9 to 12.3. Not much change there and it is rock steady under load. As for the power. it seems that it lost a very little bit off idle, but regains it as it builds rpm and by 5000rpm there is a gain that is very noticeable all the way up, the throttle response seems better also. As for noise, hardly notice and that is what I hoped for. At this point I will get some sort of programmer and try to clean up some area's although it runs very well.We did move the 02 sensor and I wonder if this is causing some of the readings also, as for weight I saved right at 11 pounds. If I had a dyno local I would have done before and after so I can't report any numbers, but for 175.00 and to have saved my stock setup, just never know it was worth it. It makes me believe that most of the HP the aftermarket guys are getting is from the removing of the cat and resonators. One last thing,I live at 4000 FEET so I am down 18 to 20% on HP to start with so my gains ARE going to be smaller.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would do the CAT delete for the weight savings and the heat alone. I am interested in hearing if you noticed and in cab temperature difference?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Good info...wonder if you would get the same results by just cutting out the cat out of the stock setup? Or you need to get rid of the resonator to?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Pictures of the pipes !

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for the in cab heat I have not drove it much yet, I did wrap the pipes in the rear though. I do think the cat is the big road block, after getting the whole part off the resonators look free flowing but the cat looks like the bottle neck. but the weight savings is in taking the whole thing off and that way you could save it just in case you had to put it back on later. Yes the AF ratio under wide open throttle needs to be leaned down some, even stock it was on the rich side. I will start looking to see what programmers work the best, can anyone recommend one? over all, I like it.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Pcv I think is the only one that you can take away fuel less then the stock ecu wants and can change timing I run a pcv on my turbo commander and works great

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly I would leave it as is if the Cat-Delete will be your only mod. You will notice No seat of the pants gain leaning it out from a 12ish to 13.5 afr. As hot as they run from the factory a little extra fuel won't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Great info since I know others are wanting to do this mod

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Above link did not work for some reason, I'm thinking of doing this and would like to hear of some others that's done this.

Thanks
Nathan

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I think the thread to that link was removed by the admin probably because canamguy10 didn't ponie up for vendor status. Youre not suppose to sell stuff on this forum without paying for vendor status.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think the thread to that link was removed by the admin probably because canamguy10 didn't ponie up for vendor status. Youre not suppose to sell stuff on this forum without paying for vendor status.
I figured it was something like that, has anyone made a delete pipe for them. I'm wanting to do this but curious of my options.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I figured it was something like that, has anyone made a delete pipe for them. I'm wanting to do this but curious of my options.
Plenty of people use these forums to sell stuff without paying, cold blooded is as big as offender as any of them. I would think this guy just figured it was too much work and not enough profit to mass produce these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
They may start that way but you wont last long on this forum if you continue to sell on this forum. I don't see Kris advertising his clutches any more. He has been quiet about it actually.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think Alba racing has a Cat delete pipe coming out but it is not ready for sale yet.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think Alba racing has a Cat delete pipe coming out but it is not ready for sale yet.
Nates a helluva guy I've been buying stuff from him for a couple of years now. If they are making a delete pipe I'll buy it as soon as its available.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nates a helluva guy I've been buying stuff from him for a couple of years now. If they are making a delete pipe I'll buy it as soon as its available.
You can do a search on albanate and then you see his thread about his exhaust testing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts