Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I finally nutted up and pulled the cat off the Mav and chiseled out all of the honeycomb shit.man that is some nasty stuff! I sure would think that is restrickting the exhaust flow and it probably keeps a ton of heat in the machine. Anyways here are a couple pics that i took so you guys that were talking about this here is kinda what it looks like I meant to snap a photo when I unbolted it from the exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
here is what it looks like before all of the carnage.....

Auto part Metal

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
i'm not saying it isn't restrictive but I bet they did their homework and by increasing the overall diameter of this piece of the exhaust it in't as restrictive as it looks.....regardless, it is a friggin toaster once it is warmed up and needs to go!

·
Registered
205 Posts
i'm not saying it isn't restrictive but I bet they did their homework and by increasing the overall diameter of this piece of the exhaust it in't as restrictive as it looks.....regardless, it is a friggin toaster once it is warmed up and needs to go!
Are you just going to remove it or buy new pipes?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
either way its better without it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Are you just going to remove it or buy new pipes?
I just installed a full Muzzy system.......I am trying to keep up with desertdog :tongue:

Reactions: deirulz

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Slash his tires...then it won't be a problem at all. :haha:
haha...I didn't mean actually keep up with him......we are a long ways apart and unless I make a trip to Glamis, we will most likely never cross paths. I meant try to keep up with him on all of the mods......he is still way ahead of me with his sweet custom cage work and seats, radio, wheels/tires....etc....

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
So how do you guys get that crap out of there? Is it welded in there?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
haha...I didn't mean actually keep up with him......we are a long ways apart and unless I make a trip to Glamis, we will most likely never cross paths. I meant try to keep up with him on all of the mods......he is still way ahead of me with his sweet custom cage work and seats, radio, wheels/tires....etc....
Looks like you have one hell of a rig my friend.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Don't sound that bad, I may get motivated and pull it off and do it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Looks like you have one hell of a rig my friend.
Thanks.....and I'm sure it will remain a work in progress up until the day I die or I move on to bigger and better. I tend to hold onto things.....I still have my 1999 Honda 400EX that I bought in October 1998 serial number 000032. It was one of the first ones released on the East Coast and I snatched it up. Everyone else had to wait about 4 months before the full production run was released. I also have a 1999 YZ125 that has been an amazing bike. I have yet to ride a newer one (125) that makes the 99 look it's age os it remains in the stable. I am way to old and big to ride a 125 anymore but my 14 year old is having a blast with it......

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually used a step bit and just a drill and drilled a bunch of holes in it and then a chisel and it probably took about 2.5 hrs to pull it all out.Has anyone seen the new Yosh cans for our machines? I am thinking about sending my ECU to mmr or somebody just wasnt sure how that efects fuel?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Any one want to come on over and clean out my cat? I don't think I have the patience for 2.5 hours of chisel-ing! Hard to believe that thing flows at all!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts