Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 since showroom have the famous driveshaft rattle,its getting worse,checked the phase,grease splines nothing.put the hand on the driveshaft and rattles go away,seen so many negative review of solid carrier bearing i decided to try the old school fix for dsm"eagle talon & eclipse awd" back in my days. Drill the rubber air bag in many places and fill with 3m window weld.i believe is divided in the center,not sure have not cut one apart so i did one side for testing.hopefully is stiff enough to take out the rattles without sacrificing damping any vibration .now wait a couple days for curing to test it.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not sure I'm following along. Looks like you're drilling a hold in the dust shield/cover and filling the bearings with the goop. Is that right? What does this fix? I thought the noise was from slop from the slip joint (splines of the shaft). Or maybe even between shaft and carrier bearing. But it's not within the carrier bearing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No,the sealed bearing is surrounded by a rubber insulator,the rubber is almost like an air bag,just a little rubber in the middle to keep the bearing on center and the rest is an empty air bag,i filled one side of the air bag to reduce movement.my x3 is 2021 and doesnt come with a floating slip yoke like 17-19,it have a bolt and nut like in the front diff that clamps the yoke in the splines.im gonna install it tomorrow and see how it does.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes,it protrudes like 1/8. I drove it around with 4wd and 2wd and All the rattling from the driveshaft went away and smooth like silk now.will see how long it hold with the urethane on one side only.will take old carrier and fill both sides for the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts