Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 since showroom have the famous driveshaft rattle,its getting worse,checked the phase,grease splines nothing.put the hand on the driveshaft and rattles go away,seen so many negative review of solid carrier bearing i decided to try the old school fix for dsm"eagle talon & eclipse awd" back in my days. Drill the rubber air bag in many places and fill with 3m window weld.i believe is divided in the center,not sure have not cut one apart so i did one side for testing.hopefully is stiff enough to take out the rattles without sacrificing damping any vibration .now wait a couple days for curing to test it.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not sure I'm following along. Looks like you're drilling a hold in the dust shield/cover and filling the bearings with the goop. Is that right? What does this fix? I thought the noise was from slop from the slip joint (splines of the shaft). Or maybe even between shaft and carrier bearing. But it's not within the carrier bearing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No,the sealed bearing is surrounded by a rubber insulator,the rubber is almost like an air bag,just a little rubber in the middle to keep the bearing on center and the rest is an empty air bag,i filled one side of the air bag to reduce movement.my x3 is 2021 and doesnt come with a floating slip yoke like 17-19,it have a bolt and nut like in the front diff that clamps the yoke in the splines.im gonna install it tomorrow and see how it does.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Thread update. I've had a vibration at full throttle/ heavy loads in 4x4 since it was new. I tried a new carrier bearing but it didn't do much.

After seeing this thread I gave it a try and it worked . It took out most of the vibration.

I did it in the car so I only got 2 drill points one on each side . I did get a good amount in it but think I might do it again only on the bench next time . Maybe it will get ride of the rest of the vibration.

Thx to Mandy for the info !

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad helped somebody.my 21 i got at end of may already have 1200miles , half of them off-roading east side, holding great and splines haven't slip out of the center yoke cause the window weld keep it on center,no more back and forth movement.i definitely recommend take it out and fill completely in one side only.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts