Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than my mav being put out of comission at dunefest due to the front driver side tie rod.
My Pipefitter buddy with the xp900 blew a belt in the dark and had to go get his sand rail to tow it back to camp.
My other Carpenter buddy split the tranny case on his kfx450 and lost all oil and had to get towed to camp by the same sand rail.
My Ironworker friend siezed the motor on his 250R.
Couple of other friends riding sigle file went head on with a group coming the other direction on a trail. Guy in front went over the handle bars but was uninjured and the two directly behind him had a rear end collision.
The only other thing I can remember was on my yfz450R drag racing up banshee hill, someone in front of me crashed and my quick thinking to grab 1st and a thumb full of throttle caused me to loop it out backwards lol.
Nobody got injured on the 5 day trip and everyone had a blast. There were a ton of people there and more high dollar machines than you could count.
Start planning now for next year, I expect to see some of you guys there!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tyler, we will be at Coos Bay for labor day weekend. Staying at Horsefall campground, they still have sites available!
Reserve today and we will see you there!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Speaking of carnage, My check engine light come on in my Maverick after day 7 or 8 of being up there in Oregon. Spent a couple days trying to get my clutch set-up but had a seized weight that would only allow it to be set-up fairly close. Oh ya, my buddies Honda 440ex blew a head gasket & we changed that out on the sand. Blew(split) a intercooler hose on my truck going up and had to do a little MaGyver work to finally get there. F'in siding came loose on my toyhauler on the way back & started flapping like a sail in the wind right when a semi truck/trailer was passing me. More MaGyver work was needed. It was tough trip & had more issues than all my other trips combined. But like they say a bad day of camping is still better than a good day at work. It's just hard on the pocket book.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah Dunefest is hard on the toys that's for sure. I used to go to Dunefest back in 01 02 03 etcc... when alcohol was legal on the sand and the partys were wild. (Fullbore Innovations had the Semi truck with Dance Stage setup) I've been back only a few times since... 06?... It was crowded, lots of cops, and cost an arm and a leg for camping and admission... Pass.... But for those that have not gone it is still worth seeing at least once.

If you want to see what DuneFest was like back in 2001 Google search "Sand Fest 2001. Life in the Dunes".... Warning NSFW...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts