10,159 Posts
I used a 3 jaw puller to get mine off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,159 Posts
I used a 3 jaw puller to get mine off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but more so because the one I used was a little to small and I was impatient when using it. If I would of taken my time I could of positioned it better to not dig into the plastics. I borrowed it from the local autoparts store.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Is the three jaw puller the way to go?
Only did it once,,, but worked perfectly for me. I believe I used the 6" puller of a 3/4/6" set that I own. Seemed to work just fine.

·
Official Site Vendor
8,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a customer that cannot get the wheel off. His is really stuck on as is the one I have. I will pass this along and get the biggest 3 jaw puller in the tool box to pull mine. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
69 Posts
It was a hell of a process to be honest, much tougher than other ones I've done, eventually I did get it off but definitely smoked the stock steering wheel

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
On my OG maverick I located a knuckle about 12 inches down the steering shaft, loosened that and pulled the wheel with that length of shaft, tapped it out in my vice. I would look down the shaft to see if you can pull it easily... I have never looked at the X3, it might be impossible, not sure.

·
Registered
2021 Maverick Sport Max 1000R
62 Posts
OEM Wheel? Loosen nut, have a 300+ lb person yank on it... worked for me. I installed a new wheel and may have tightened it a bit too much. Realized I was off one spline and it was a PITA to get off the second time. A combo of deadblow, angry ginger, wiggle and yanking got it free again. Almost had to resort to a puller.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
441 Posts
Mine gave a little resistance but popped off with a three jaw puller. The stock wheel looks like it was never touched.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts