Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the owners manual says to be stopped before switching but I've seen videos of people switching back and forth while moving. Just curious, I don't want to break anything

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes you can.. no problem...just need to be stopped to go from high to low gear.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes to be safe when switching, let off for a split and it has worked for years, even with the Renegade since 07. No problems.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Can I shift from low to high on the move just not from high to low?
heck no , but u can go from park to D or R when driving tho

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
97 Posts
2wd to 4wd yes, but may need to bring RPMs' down so it will engage, check your gauge for icon. Then from Hi to Low or vise versa. . . NO way! different gearing so you better come to stop to do so! Pretty easy concept. . .

·
Registered
382 Posts
Anyone ever notice the 4wd emblem pop on after disengaging it? I went from 4 to 2 the other day and every time I nailed the throttle it would that light would come on. Couldn't really tell if it was actually engaging 4. I came to a stop and cycled it again and it seem to have stopped.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Anyone ever notice the 4wd emblem pop on after disengaging it? I went from 4 to 2 the other day and every time I nailed the throttle it would that light would come on. Couldn't really tell if it was actually engaging 4. I came to a stop and cycled it again and it seem to have stopped.
Yes mine pops up all the time in 2wd when I pin it. The 4x4 does not actually engage. Just something wonky with the indicator.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Brp has a fix for that problem. It's nothing more than a capacitor, which will delay the 4wd sign to come up...

Had the same issue with my commander and no problems since...

2014 Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000 with some addons...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts