Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a small dc to ac converter on a 2020 X RS RR to charge cell phone, iPad, 3 light bars, sat communicator and an a oem heater with the dual battery kit? And if possible if some one can recommend a brand of converter and the best dual battery kit and batterys?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just using the dc to ac for the iPad and 2 cellphones Sat communicator and sorry a beats pill plus. iPad is a iPad Pro 12.9 in and it has a usb-3 or usb-c connection which I read draws 18w. everything else is drawing 3 amps or watts the and sorry i forgot the 2 winches the heating unit light bars will all be hard wired to the battery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your iPad and cellphones need DC!

It is only their domestic chargers that need AC. Look at the tag on the charger of each and then find a 12v adaptor that matches the DC output voltage, plug and polarity.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I charge my iPad at home off ac power, assuming I am correct. 12 volt dc battery needs to be converted to ac power some way to charge the iPad Pro. and while driving last week the plug in lighter convertor was not at times charging the iPad just the the phone thru the regular USB port

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i appreciate the help. Electronics isn’t my thing. but need to figure out how to get all of this running.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Batteries, iPad, lead acid, mobile phone, whatever need DC to charge them.

What you plug in to 110v AC at home is converted into low voltage DC to charge.

Your proposal to take 12v DC and step it up to 110v AC only to convert back to low voltage DC is not a good way to go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess i just need the ability to have multiple USB ports and an usb-c port to be able wire everything from a central location. and what the best way to go about this

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Batteries, iPad, lead acid, mobile phone, whatever need DC to charge them.

What you plug in to 110v AC at home is converted into low voltage DC to charge.

Your proposal to take 12v DC and step it up to 110v AC only to convert back to low voltage DC is not a good way to go.
okay thanks for the clarification. so what would you suggest for me to buy with the dual battery that I could hook up a multiple outlet usb strip. Thanks again for your time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bought that last week.

Why wouldn't this work for your cell and iPad?
bought one like this last week. But with the one usb-c and one regular USB port. and wouldn’t charge the ipad at times. Also even if it would. I still need another cell power cable, sat communicator and a beats pill + with usb to lighting or usb to usb-3

thanks again for your help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems like I need a usb strip with 6 outputs that will connect directly to my non starter battery. does something like This exist

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
but that’s pulling power from the cranking battery. I would prefer to have the power coming from the secondary battery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cut the plug off and hard wire to your second battery (which, I assume, will be connected using a voltage sensing relay).

Solder all joints!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Just mount a honda generator in the back and you’ll have all you need

Reactions: Clkwrkornge

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cut the plug off and hard wire to your second battery (which, I assume, will be connected using a voltage sensing relay).

Solder all joints!
Great thanks this is what I was trying to figure out. I will have a pro do it so its all connected correctly while using a voltage sensing relay. Thank you for your time. This will def do the trick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts