Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Maverick x3 X-DS Turbo R and I'm running stock wheels (front 14x7; rear 14x8) and tires (Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 29x9-14 in the front and 29x11-14 in the rear). Recently I have been looking for something bigger, like some 30 or 32 inch Maxxis Liberty tires, the problem is that I'm not sure if these tires fit to the stock 14x7 and 14x8 wheels due to the 10.00 inch wide. Is it possible to fit this tires on both wheel sizes?

Any info/tips will be appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can do 30s on stock rear wheels, with out hitting arms, will look a bit funkey. Narrow in rear
I run 30 10 14 liberties on 5+2 ,
can rotate tires then.
Those tires are a tall 30 closer too 31in, glad i didn't go 32s, no clutch work needed
If you get new wheels go 15. Or your gonna have to run rock blockers on rear to keep rocks from getting stuck in wheels

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can do 30s on stock rear wheels, with out hitting arms, will look a bit funkey. Narrow in rear
I run 30 10 14 liberties on 5+2 ,
can rotate tires then.
Those tires are a tall 30 closer too 31in, glad i didn't go 32s, no clutch work needed
If you get new wheels go 15. Or your gonna have to run rock blockers on rear to keep rocks from getting stuck in wheels
It does look narrow, I was thinking about getting wheel spacers to make it wider and better looking.
I didn't knew that 32s need clutch work, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Please do some research on your topic. It has been discussed countless times on this forum. With an XDS you CAN run the 30 inch tires without them rubbing anywhere but you need to get all of your wheels to be the same width. Do NOT run wheel spacers! Find some used stock wheels that are the same width so they are all 8’s. That would be the cheapest route. Your other alternative would be to get a 15 inch wheel, with a 5x2 offset, and run the 32 inch tires. If you don’t go with the offset, the 32’s will absolutely rub in the front. As to clutching, no need for the 30’s but I would suggest it for the 32’s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please do some research on your topic. It has been discussed countless times on this forum. With an XDS you CAN run the 30 inch tires without them rubbing anywhere but you need to get all of your wheels to be the same width. Do NOT run wheel spacers! Find some used stock wheels that are the same width so they are all 8’s. That would be the cheapest route. Your other alternative would be to get a 15 inch wheel, with a 5x2 offset, and run the 32 inch tires. If you don’t go with the offset, the 32’s will absolutely rub in the front. As to clutching, no need for the 30’s but I would suggest it for the 32’s.
Thank you for the info and tips, I apologize for not doing research in this forum before, I searched on google but I didn't get any good answers.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the same car as you do. I just found a take off set of wheels and tires from a 2018 XRS. 30x10x14 on 7 inch rims. They fit perfect. Try to find a set of stock 7 inch wheels for the rear to go along with the fronts you have. Then you can put any 30 inch tires on and they will fit. No clutching or spacers needed. The front 7 inch wheels actually have a 1/4" more offset than the 8 inch rear wheels. The 30x10x14 wheels added 1 inch to the overall width of the car.

·
Registered
2018 Maverick X3 XRC
9 Posts
i currently have 30s on mine and am trying to pick up a set of 32" HUSK terabytes on Husk wheels, everybody i asked said 32: is max without having to re-clutch but it is right on the limit. I am not using spacers either but i already have the front soft flaps there , i assume that is rock stoppers from the front wheels? Question - why never run spacers ? Still same size just puts the rear out a little, is it just so you dont get into the issue of "the front fit , so i went for it"?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts