Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

First post on here so go easy on me.

bought a 2020 Can Am X3 MAX RS Turbo R about 2 months ago in Vegas! Driven it a few times got just over 20 hours.

Took it up to Duck creek here in Utah and went on some riding today. Soon as I got it off the trailer. I noticed all the power is not there. And it won’t go past 48-50MPh.
No check engine light.
Green key/Sport key.
All seatbelts Engaged.

has anyone ran into this issue?
Trying to save the weekend.

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Welcome from Surprise Arizona.

Check the intake tubes and make sure you didn't have a charge tube come off.

Tim

Reactions: BLR

·
Premium Member
8,096 Posts
does the dash say performance mode When you first tune it on?

like Tim said check turbo to intercooler hose and intercooler to throttle body.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
the color of the key is unimportant
but around here green keys are usually the limited key color
remember the dash will tell you what key you have installed
with a loose boost hose your likely to get a underboost code

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses.

Can’t find a loose hose. Everything looks to be tight.
When I plug key in and press start. I get sport sport across the screen! Never noticed any difference.
With the limited key what should screen read?
With the performance key what should my screen read?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seatbelt plugged in or properly overridden?
All factory belts plugged in. Just had a buddy at home try the different keys on his 18.
Grey key comes up performance no matter the settings.
Green key comes up normal/Sport.

Any way I can reprogram this green key to unlock this beast?haha 6 hour round trip Home to grab grey key doesn’t sound appealing!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 2020 RS turbo D and I had the same issue, if it says sport it’s the limited key, the other one should say performance. Is they both say sport then you have to go back to the dealership to get one programmed properly

·
Registered
245 Posts
As stated 100 times. The color of the key has ZERO to do with anything. It’s what comes across your screen. Every dealer programs the keys differently. Try both keys and if you don’t get “performance key” across your screen then you need to go to your dealer

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
346 Posts
48 is about top for the normal key. Should feel kind of laggy/unimpressive also. When you start it you should get 2 tag lines, 1 for what key is used (Normal, Performance) and any words the dealer added, usually dealer name.

You will need to take the machine and both keys in to have fixed. They use the buds 2 system to access it. Or if you meet a fellow rider with a buds 2 system they can fix it for you also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts