Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't find any posts on this. Has anyone installed a reversible fan like this one, and if so, what is your impression of it? I am mostly wanting this to run in reverse mode, to suck out dust and heat with a windshield on my X3.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Window

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
477 Posts
I did a search and didn't find any posts on this. Has anyone installed a reversible fan like this one, and if so, what is your impression of it? I am mostly wanting this to run in reverse mode, to suck out dust and heat with a windshield on my X3.
I think a better question is why do you run a windshield? I installed one and took it off after one weekend. Hated the heat, dust and smell. We ride with full face helmets with shields so wind or debris isn't an issue.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,024 Posts
I seen one of those pop up on YouTube. Only watched a few seconds of it to get the idea.

But I think it was pretty cheap if I remember correctly.

If it's cheap why not try it. Not much to lose.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,024 Posts
But now that i take a closer look, it literally just sucks from the engine compartment. I assumed it was kind of like a heat exchanger that the turbo heated up but was still sealed off from.the engine.

Looks like not the greatest idea.

I could literally kill you with an enclosed cab. Could probably make you sick even with a windshield.

I don't think that would pass one of your street legal tests lol. Nazi gas chamber.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be mostly using it to suck dust and heat out of the cabin, so I am not too worried about sucking in fumes.

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
IMO, I don't see this really helping that much. These are off road cars, not Benzs. Every time you go out on a ride you're going to get you and the car dusty and dirty. There's really no getting around it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO, I don't see this really helping that much. These are off road cars, not Benzs. Every time you go out on a ride you're going to get you and the car dusty and dirty. There's really no getting around it.
As you probably know, the biggest complaint about having a windshield is the additional dust and heat. If there is a product that can help to reduce some of the additional dust and heat, I am interested, but I was hoping to get feedback from those that have used one of these reversible heaters, as to whether it made a difference. I get that it will not be perfect and I am not expecting a Benz, but why not improve things, if I can. It is like the clutch noise that everyone complains about - If you can take some steps to cut down the noise by 20%, it is worth it to most people.

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
As you probably know, the biggest complaint about having a windshield is the additional dust and heat. If there is a product that can help to reduce some of the additional dust and heat, I am interested, but I was hoping to get feedback from those that have used one of these reversible heaters, as to whether it made a difference. I get that it will not be perfect and I am not expecting a Benz, but why not improve things, if I can. It is like the clutch noise that everyone complains about - If you can take some steps to cut down the noise by 20%, it is worth it to most people.
Good post, I wasn't trying to slam you or anything. I just don't think it's going to do what you think.it will, but I've been wrong before - A LOT, LOL! Try it out, hope it succeeds.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Agree, a windshield and seat heaters are the way to go in the winter. Any hot air from that will just blow out the back at the speeds I drive:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I use one in the winter with full enclosure. It works awesome . There are tons of cracks and holes in these to keep and fumes from ever being an issue. I can literally ride when it’s 20* and only be in a hoodie. About 10 buggies in my group use them. Plus keeps windshield from fogging up. For your application it may or may not work for what you are wanting to do. It was cheap to make . I think I might have 40$ in it. Everything from Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use one in the winter with full enclosure. It works awesome . There are tons of cracks and holes in these to keep and fumes from ever being an issue. I can literally ride when it’s 20* and only be in a hoodie. About 10 buggies in my group use them. Plus keeps windshield from fogging up. For your application it may or may not work for what you are wanting to do. It was cheap to make . I think I might have 40$ in it. Everything from Amazon

Do you have any pics?
Was curious if you are actually cutting a hole and mounting? When it is summer do you remove and cover hole?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Do you have any pics?
Was curious if you are actually cutting a hole and mounting? When it is summer do you remove and cover hole?
I don’t have pics on my phone. I bought a second center plastic piece and just switch them out for the summer. My buddy leaves his in year around.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don’t have pics on my phone. I bought a second center plastic piece and just switch them out for the summer. My buddy leaves his in year around.

Interesting.
Thanks!
I have the Inferno 2 heater, works pretty good. But can always have more

·
Registered
7 Posts
From what i have seen in person, they keep the cabin fiarly warm, yes, but your legs tend to be cooler. Kept his windshield warm enough to keep off snow and ice near meeker colorado. He did mention they work to pull out heat in the summer never asked about the dust question. I will ask him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts