Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
first time taking out the 22xrc on a trip... went to pismo... i went and rode it around the dunes...
then my brother takes it and comes back with a rear upper radius arm bent.. day was over lol
Hey homie, it happens to the best of us!! A few different ways you can go. You can come right out and upgrade all of them and have that peace of mind or if you aren't going to hammer the car or let your brother drive anymore lol and the rest of the rods are in great shape you can replace just that rod and rock on. If I can help at all let me know. Or you can call the shop here 704-684-5618. www.ctraceworx.com

·
Registered
2019 XRS TURBO R MAX
30 Posts
my recommendation is to go with new ones with the largest heim (rod end) joint you can get, I have seen issues with the jam nuts coming loose on the smaller heims.

I went with rods with 3/4" rod ends instead of 5/8" because of the jam nuts not backing off as easily, this was after watching 3 different brands of quality radius rods and quality 5/8" heims having jam nuts backing of on short fairly mellow rides that was with them being locktited and some of them siliconed on top of locktite. I installed my radius rods and set toe, camber and have never had a jam nut back off. I'm not giving brand names of radius rods because I do not want the companies bashed for something that I feel is not their fault, my thoughts are that a 5/8" rod end is plenty strong enough for these cars but the jam nuts do not provide enough torque to stay tight.

edited for Clarity.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just replace them with high quality rods and be done. I ran factory rods for 3500 miles and only bent 2 middle rods. The rod ends would get play though. I went with ct and replaced all 6 . Now my buggy is so much quieter in the rear end it’s not even funny . Should have changed them out long time ago
lol maybe, might go with stock for now a buddy might have laying around, just to get going for the desert trip in two weeks. im only at 104 miles and it took a shit lol fml

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
lol maybe, might go with stock for now a buddy might have laying around, just to get going for the desert trip in two weeks. im only at 104 miles and it took a shit lol fml
It didn't take a shit, your brother hit something or tipped it over. If I was a betting man, I'd bet he decided donuts sounded like a good idea and promptly threw it on its side.

Anyway, the stock one's are pretty cheap if you go that route. Less than $100 each on Partzilla.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It didn't take a shit, your brother hit something or tipped it over. If I was a betting man, I'd bet he decided donuts sounded like a good idea and promptly threw it on its side.

Anyway, the stock one's are pretty cheap if you go that route. Less than $100 each on Partzilla.
haha he didnt flip it, i was on the dirtbike and he went around a hill came back up from other side while i came from another and met at top and then i noticed it. thanks ill look

·
Registered
2020 X3 X rs Turbo RR
260 Posts
How the hell do you bend the upper radius rod? Maybe a huge jump with a hard landing?

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
How the hell do you bend the upper radius rod? Maybe a huge jump with a hard landing?
A nice sideload will do it. Just have to get it right and they will bend.

Reactions: HPnMORE4J

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
OP - the radius rods from the aftermarket are all pretty similar. The difference is in the heim joints they use and some have left and right threaded heim joints for easier adjustment for alignment.

CT Race Worx makes quality stuff and you can't go wrong with any of the stuff they sell. They use the good quality FK heims.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts