Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What utility trailer do you use to tow your Can Am X3 max? Are you using a 14 foot or 16 foot trailer? Does your trailer have a single axle or tandem axle?

·
Registered
468 Posts
My sons Max is on a 14’ single axle
F1E2369B-F5DC-4E2E-B5B7-A50C81800CE4.jpeg 5551F403-8F3C-4EF2-86ED-6761B3952ACD.jpeg

·
Registered
605 Posts
78" wide 14' Aluma trailer...works great!
CIMG4232.JPG

Reactions: Giffy and Jcard

·
Registered
605 Posts
TwiZted SkullZ I have been looking at the Aluma 7814ES but I was concerned with the balance of the trailer because there is no room left to shift the X3 max forward or backwards. Thanks for the reply
MMZCASH There's probably 4-5" room to play with,balance seems to be pretty good and you can always back the car on the trailer to get a different balance point.

Reactions: djaecks and sekuehl

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just a thought....

I don't have X3 max - but 15 years ago I bought a 16' dual axle utility trailer to haul a small tractor. Prolly weighs around 1k lbs.
I've still got it and have hauled all kinds of stuff I never dreamed I would use it for. Including cars, pickups, tractors and several different UTVs.
If I had bought only what I needed right then I'd have bought several different trailers over the years to fit my various and changing interests - where my 16' has worked for it all....and is still rolling under my current X3. It is a little overkill for my 2 seater but I don't even have to haul a spare tire...if I have a bearing or tire fail, I can just take that tire off and let the axle hang till I can get to a tire store - since it isn't near max capacity.

Like I said - just a thought....

What utility trailer do you use to tow your Can Am X3 max? Are you using a 14 foot or 16 foot trailer? Does your trailer have a single axle or tandem axle?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just a thought....

I don't have a X3 max - but 15 years ago I bought a 16' dual axle utility trailer to haul a small tractor. I've still got it and have hauled all kinds of stuff I never dreamed I would use it for. Including cars, pickups, tractors and several different UTVs.
If I had bought only what I needed right then I'd have bought several different trailers over the years to fit the my various and changing interests - where my 16' has worked for it all....and is still rolling under my current X3.

Like I said - just a thought....

·
Registered
642 Posts
I don't have a X3 max - but 15 years ago I bought a 16' dual axle utility trailer to haul a small tractor. I've still got it and have hauled all kinds of stuff I never dreamed I would use it for. Including cars, pickups, tractors and several different UTVs.
If I had bought only what I needed right then I'd have bought several different trailers over the years to fit the my various and changing interests - where my 16' has worked for it all....and is still rolling under my current X3
Wider and longer if you have the space to park it is always best. I have to use my toy hauler for the time being but once I stop buying accessories and performance mods I will purchase a 16 footer. It is the length I used for my last sandrail and it was perfect.

·
Registered
468 Posts
How much space is there on the side? Is there room on the sides for gas cans?
The trailer in post #3 you can put gas on both sides and in front, the spare tire is mounted under the car.

·
Registered
62 Posts

22' with tandem axle. But, last Sept I lost my 28' Howard boat (longer story) so I have a beautiful triple axle I'm putting a 30' frame on, as I can see a second car in our future. One ride and we're sold.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts