Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 17 maverick x3...seen this update from can am. Wondering if its a true direct replacement with no issues.. also is it worth the money and time to switch out.. Or just keep what I have...thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
If you live in a dusty area, your money is better spent on an S&B particle separator.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
the square filter box flows far better than the old round type
both the inlet and outlet are bigger on the newer box

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just pulled the trigger on a used 2022 x3 complete airbox setup with a evo intake tube to turbo for a deal...hoping to see some sort of gain..Im also running a s&b filter now. Curious if the filter from 17-22 is the same so i can reuse

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you looking for a better filter box consider this, if its a supplemental fine particle separation use a A&B typ filter

Wow, this is actually a great design. I never was excited about the S&B because the fan that ejects the particles is another item you have to hook to the battery/switch and makes noise. The KWT requires no power, but seemed mildly annoying as you have to continually empty the tray. Donaldson using vacuum from the exhaust is the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
evo intake hose is smaller than a rr turbo to filter box intake hose
the evo was for the old round box

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow, this is actually a great design. I never was excited about the S&B because the fan that ejects the particles is another item you have to hook to the battery/switch and makes noise. The KWT requires no power, but seemed mildly annoying as you have to continually empty the tray. Donaldson using vacuum from the exhaust is the best of both worlds.
The S&B cannot be heard over the engine and all the other noises these things make. They are very quiet and definitely worth the money in dusty environments.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do you have the original or the V2? I have the V2 and a back window so that may be why

·
Premium Member
6,983 Posts
Do you have the original or the V2? I have the V2 and a back window so that may be why
Probably the original. I don't have a back window.

I keep both the S&B and the intercooler fan on all the time, between them both there's plenty of fan noise.

I ride with a helmet so it's not so much of an issue. I just take the noise along with the many other noises it makes.

My Yoshi exhaust makes a pleasant override, music to the ears.....lol

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
This is one of the best upgrades you can do. That 17-19 airbox is highly restrictive especially if your running a tune. Throttle response is noticeably improved.

Much more bang for your buck over any exhaust system.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is one of the best upgrades you can do. That 17-19 airbox is highly restrictive especially if your running a tune. Throttle response is noticeably improved.

Much more bang for your buck over any exhaust system.
Do you know if the whole assembly comes together, or do you have to piece it. Looking at a parts diagram on
rockymtnatv, it appears that the whole thing minus the filter is a little over a $100. That sound right? m
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,983 Posts
Got me interested.

This is the link I found, I don't see the tube listed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Airbox - 707800859 - 119.99

Hose to top - 707800861 - 15.49
Clamp - Hose to top - 293650096 - 2.54

Hose to turbo - 707800856 - 31.99
Clamp - Airbox side - 514052924 - 11.49
Are the parts needed to change to the 2020 airbox

1 - 20 of 26 Posts