Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a Honda 1000 5s and a 2020 XRS RR. I put 2500 miles on my Honda on the same desert stuff as I have on my 2020 RR. Granted, at a slower speed. I have 800 miles this year on my X3. Honda still drives like new. X3 is has issues. 800 miles. Death wobbles, leaking shocks and driving over 45mph is scary. Its sitting at Coyne waiting for can am to do something during my prime season to ride. Blew a belt and tore the inside of the cover insulation apart and wadded all that material all around the clutch which was a bitch to clean out on the trail. I have some reservations about the $30k I've spent at this point

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Honda has always held up due to lack of hp and suspension. You can’t drive them like you can the other big brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a Honda 1000 5s and a 2020 XRS RR. I put 2500 miles on my Honda on the same desert stuff as I have on my 2020 RR. Granted, at a slower speed. I have 800 miles this year on my X3. Honda still drives like new. X3 is has issues. 800 miles. Death wobbles, leaking shocks and driving over 45mph is scary. Its sitting at Coyne waiting for can am to do something during my prime season to ride. Blew a belt and tore the inside of the cover insulation apart and wadded all that material all around the clutch which was a bitch to clean out on the trail. I have some reservations about the $30k I've spent at this point
That is a meaningful comparison by the same owner! Is your Honda a Pioneer or a Talon? If it's a Talon, then they just rose up on my decision tree for a new/upgraded SxS.

Regarding the X3, sure I love them, and I'll probably buy one some day. But I'm sensing that the DS models have less drama than the RS models, because the RS suspension is more extended (physics, leverage, weak points, etc.). Has anyone else thought about this?

EDITED: Because I already told everyone 1000 times what I'm driving. ?

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
His is a pioneer5. The ds has the same issues as the rest. It’s basically just lower a arms. Change them out or buy the taco kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts