Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
since we know u guys watch the forums !!

YOU GUYS really need to fix the clutch system -- bolts shearing / backing out / slipping blowing belts, in these damn things at 20k a pop !!! :)

and the rear ''plastic heat shields'' !

oh and the leaky coolant overflow cap ?

and the rear driver a-arms are pulling more to one side of the flange leaving a gap on the other pinching the bushing and breaking the metal double sided tab !!

thanks and have a good day !!

other then that pretty solid badass machine !

·
Registered
266 Posts
I agree !!!!!!!!!! Step up and fix these issues. Take care of the people that take care of you.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Can the moderators here start a known issue section so we can all document problems with this machine to prove its not abuse by the users to help us all with warranty down the road. Im sure can am will try to deny warranty claims soon enough especially clutch garbage weve seen. I think im going to get extended warranty to have something to take them to court with if they deny a claim. A list here would help anyone in that instance if they go that route. This would help all members here.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I hate to think I have to anticipate these problems in the future...So Support to those that are trying to get a handle on it now!! Please READ!!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Lol I would love to do a utv rally raid race but no way until these clutch issues are worked out. I was going to sign up for the contingency program but that's all I need is a paper trail leading up to can am to say my maverick was abused because It was used in a race and bye bye warranty. These machines are marketed as pure sport sxs, and if the clutch can't stay together then something needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If you're serious about performance, and are racing, go ahead & get a good aftermarket clutch, ditch the factory junk. STM is the best there is, all billet construction, and fully adjustable.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
If you're serious about performance, and are racing, go ahead & get a good aftermarket clutch, ditch the factory junk. STM is the best there is, all billet construction, and fully adjustable.
Do you know if STM is making a Maverick specific primary yet, or is it the same as they offer for the Commander?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mines on the way to performance atv for snorkels and cv tech / stm clutch job ive had my mav since December 18th and its got 7 miles on it been wait n for all the bugs to surface lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
Maybe we should post all our problems on the rzr forums and make can am lose out on a couple hundred grand in sales, then maybe they will give a shit about sellin us a $17,000 piece of lawn art.

·
Registered
329 Posts
A section were everyone can list problems they have is a great idea, however Out of maybe 1000 plus units that are now out there. I have only heard of 4 or 5 with the clutch problem (including mine). I don't think you
can call that un-reliable.
People have been listing their problems all over the form, so a section dedicated to problems would be nice and would give us a better idea of whats going on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lol I would love to do a utv rally raid race but no way until these clutch issues are worked out. I was going to sign up for the contingency program but that's all I need is a paper trail leading up to can am to say my maverick was abused because It was used in a race and bye bye warranty. These machines are marketed as pure sport sxs, and if the clutch can't stay together then something needs to be done.
Wait all you want but at least one maverick entered the Feb 9th and 2 entered the Feb 16th UTVRR and all finished. I now have over 500 miles of east coast riding with 0 issues. So let yours sit, I'm out riding mine every chance I get.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Wait all you want but at least one maverick entered the Feb 9th and 2 entered the Feb 16th UTVRR and all finished. I now have over 500 miles of east coast riding with 0 issues. So let yours sit, I'm out riding mine every chance I get.
I've had mine a week and it has 160 miles on it, it hasn't sit much. What I was trying to say is I don't want to give can am any reason to void my warranty while they're a clutch issue with these machines. I'll probably go with a aftermarket clutch once the 6 month warranty is up but until then, can am owes me whatever breaks and I expect them to fix it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine sure looks good but can't ride it, reminds me of an old girlfriend

·
Registered
468 Posts
U say 4 or 5 out of 1000 units have clutch issues. I think thats a little modest. But how many people who have Mav's are not on the forums???

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think he was saying out of the 1000 units he has only heard of 4 or 5 that have had the clutch issue. I have also only heard of 4 or 5

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think putting bigger tires speeds up the problem. I have one with 30 miles and it has problems, have another one that hasnt been ridding yet and I am not taking the chance I went ahead and ordered a clutch for it also.

When I went to the dealer where I bought them they had two that had issues.
When they said they would add the washer to mine I decided to not mess with that and take a chance on ruining a trip.

I also understand first year models are going to have issues.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The clutch issue is not a first year problem. It's been going on for a few years with this same motor and cvt system with less hp than we have.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The clutch issue is not a first year problem. It's been going on for a few years with this same motor and cvt system with less hp than we have.
These are my first can-am's so it is new to me. If they dont work out they will be the last.

If replacing the clutch with after market one will fix it then Im good, as I really like the Maverick. I even like the look of the Wildcat but being under powered verses being over powered stopped me from buying one.
I dont mind adding all the bolt on after market stuff I like or want but I do not want to modify the engine its self. Not that I am not able to do it I have a complete machine shop and built and raced offshore boats for a long time, This is a hobbie I decided I had no interest in getting greasy or rebuilding engines every week.

Im older and lazy now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We shouldnt have to buy aftermarket anything to run a bone stock machine! It's silly to keep bringing it up. We paid good money (20k out the door) so it damn well better work stock! It doesnt. Ive never had so many issues with my machines. I expected to smoke my brother's XP he raced at KOH. Oh i can smoke it in a straight line.....but now I'm afraid to even take it anywhere with all the new noises and junk going on after this weekend. Back to the shop it goes. I joined this forum just to see if others were having the same issues. All the way down to the stock battery not starting it after a week of down time!! Aint nobody got time for dat!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts