Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

CAN-AM POWER STEERING HELP NEEDED

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Sandman_73 
#1 ·
Hello - to everybody out there. I'm brand new here. I was hoping to get some help on power steering. I'm getting ready to purchase either the 2020 X3 XDS turbo RR or the X3 XR S turbo RR . I'm in a wheelchair so I'm doing hand-controls. I would like to have the power steering be very easy especially after riding hard and my arms get tired. Anybody have feedback as to if 1 model is better over the other for this? Or are they pretty similar? I heard they made significant improvements on the 2020 models. Is this true?

Thanks!

#5 ·
Epower was double the wattage of the first yearl 2017 X3 PS unit (700W vs 350W). Newer models are higher power, not 700W but probably somewhere around 500W. Maybe somebody knows the exact wattage spec but they do work better than the original 2017 units which sucked donkey balls.

#7 ·
I think there were different part numbers for different years for the stronger PS unit that comes with the “Smart Lok” models?

Has anyone determined if the different part numbers for different years/models are functionally different in torque rating, reliability, or even construction by the manufacture that makes them?

From what little I have seen on those…they are a proprietary mess to deal with… have failure rates on the older ones been noticeable enough to try and avoid them, and have the newer ones added any more reliability/dependability, strength/power and perhaps better feedback?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.