Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
EPIC FAIL on the kitty cat
I've bitched and whined about 2 things (QE & PS), but I'm chomping at the bit for 1 of these "wild hosses".

·
Registered
998 Posts
i wonder why they didnt show the xp in the body roll test?
Because the xp has no body roll. I was hoping these videos would be a little more detailed and fair. I would rather see them on the asphalt in the drag race, or at least put bighorns on the cat and xp to make it more fair.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Because the xp has no body roll. I was hoping these videos would be a little more detailed and fair. I would rather see them on the asphalt in the drag race, or at least put bighorns on the cat and xp to make it more fair.
bighorns SUCK in the sand. and it is a stock to stock comparison so not sure why they would switch tires on the other machines. Also why race on asphalt. how often do you ride your sxs or quad on asphalt. LOL

·
Registered
998 Posts
Asphalt takes away all variables, racing on asphalt is a all motor race. I know the big horns will do better in sand than the factory ires on the cat and xp. Lol and when we go riding we always end up on a closed air port for some bragging rights. I have no doubts the Mav is faster I guess I'd just rather see a more detailed video.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Im still very excited to take delivery of my XRS but the sand hill test most likely more due to the power and getting those two back wheels spinning faster. Thats why a my first yfz 450 was awsome in the dunes.. Its like getting the wheels working in a tractor pull competition. The qe diff is still going to be desired in alot of conditions. That sand hill had nothing to do with how good or not the visco unit is. My first renegade had regular visco and no pwr steer the next renegade had qe and pwr steering in the snow the first renegade was easier to ride than the qe version. The qe renegade 1000 would pull back and forth alot even with pwr steering seemed not as nice a drive. Actual traction in snow i cant say which was actually better but the pull of the qe especially in the snow ruts was a pita.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Asphalt takes away all variables, racing on asphalt is a all motor race. I know the big horns will do better in sand than the factory ires on the cat and xp. Lol and when we go riding we always end up on a closed air port for some bragging rights. I have no doubts the Mav is faster I guess I'd just rather see a more detailed video.
I Gaurantee that you put a big heavy Big Horn on that Cat it will be a dog. The Factory tires on the cat and Xp are very lite and thats huge.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They wanted it to be a stock out of the box comparison. What you see is what the results were. The maverick won the races even in non sport mode! On asphalt the gap would be larger on the drags. This thing kicks butt.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I put big horns on my xp and didn't lose nothing to another xp when we would race. I would have liked to seen the test performed on dirt, to many variables in sound imo. I've stated before I have no doubt the Mav is faster because if it wasn't it would already be considered a failure in my eyes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't get the "swap the tires" and "run on asphalt" comments. Ever since the XP came out, there were a ton of RZR guys bashing the Commander. I have always contended that it was like comparing a Corvette to a Silverado. Now that Can Am has released an actual sport model, with similar features to the XP, now they need to swap tires to make things "fair". Seriously.

·
Registered
998 Posts
lol I have never seen a rzr xp in the trails on the stock itp's. I would say 80% I run into have big horns on them. I am not a rzr die hard, I would just rather see results in the videos that ill be able to replicate on dirt. And from drag racing more times than I can count in 2wd a rzr with big horn 2.0 will out run one with factory itp's no doubt. I dont like the video brp has demonstrating the maverick, why didnt they put paddles on them like 100% of dune riders do? If brp had put paddles on them for the drag race and hill climb I would be satisfied.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
lol I have never seen a rzr xp in the trails on the stock itp's. I would say 80% I run into have big horns on them. I am not a rzr die hard, I would just rather see results in the videos that ill be able to replicate on dirt. And from drag racing more times than I can count in 2wd a rzr with big horn 2.0 will out run one with factory itp's no doubt. I dont like the video brp has demonstrating the maverick, why didnt they put paddles on them like 100% of dune riders do? If brp had put paddles on them for the drag race and hill climb I would be satisfied.
If it really was pulling that hard on the xp in the sand the xp is in trouble lol On the dirt or concrete the gap would be even more

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
iv bin hearing alot of talk that after the 1st of the year an all new xp is coming. im hearing 1200cc with 113hp and completly new design and its bin in the making for over 2yrs and some ppl have already seen it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am holding out to see what popo comes out with. I love the maverick minus a few things and if popo comes out with something with more cabin space, power and travel that's where I might go. I heard from someone they took the maverick threw a whoop section and held 70, then took an xp with 2.5" foxes and it could barely pull 60 through the same section. I know the trail he was talking about and they are healthy sized whoops.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
iv bin hearing alot of talk that after the 1st of the year an all new xp is coming. im hearing 1200cc with 113hp and completly new design and its bin in the making for over 2yrs and some ppl have already seen it.
I doubt it, the current XP design has only been on the market for over 2 years.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts