Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at buying the new Max Turbo and was wondering about the Turbo. Has anyone experienced any issues with the turbo? I was curious if the first year with the turbo has had any issues?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I have been looking at buying the new Max Turbo and was wondering about the Turbo. Has anyone experienced any issues with the turbo? I was curious if the first year with the turbo has had any issues?

Not many that I know of...I never had any with mine it's an awesome machine a lot of fun.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
WOW. Hey numb nuts. Use the search bar. And please, based upon your question/wording....I hope you and your un-mechanical self does NOT ever get a maverick..especially an XDS...
If this is how you go about doing your research...maybe a rzr is more up your alley. God help us! Clowns like you that post the same question that was asked over and over and over is ridiculous. Get off the forum you clearly dont know how they work.

Was this response really necessary?...guess someone peed in your cereal this morning...Chill bud all the guy is doing is asking a legit question try and help and not act like a jerk.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
WOW. Hey numb nuts. Use the search bar. And please, based upon your question/wording....I hope you and your un-mechanical self does NOT ever get a maverick..especially an XDS...
If this is how you go about doing your research...maybe a rzr is more up your alley. God help us! Clowns like you that post the same question that was asked over and over and over is ridiculous. Get off the forum you clearly dont know how they work.

That was pretty aggressive....but I gotta be honest in sayin I chuckled at the numb nuts...Haven't heard that in a while.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
600 plus miles and zero regrets....Blew a belt (560 miles), but I think that was mainly due to buying it 2 days before a 4 day dune trip and then re-flash and another 4 day trip...Very hard driving for those 560 miles...The max doesn't have as bad an issue with the bucking as the 2-seater because of the wheelbase, so I think even stock you can make it work. Power is great....especially with the reflash and hard to beat the can am fit and finish...

Can't wait till CT gets the LT kit done...

·
Registered
134 Posts
boostin, the way you act maybe you should go to the rzr forum. not cool at all. the guy may have asked a question that has numerous prior posts but your response tells a lot about you. calm down. as for the question, there have been very few issues. get one and enjoy it!!!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I see you are in kimball, MI. I purchased mine from Grace performance. Great folks there. Mine has been reliable as heck, and am hard on them. Been riding mine all winter. If you want to take it for a ride, will arrange a time and place and let you get addicted.

Reactions: canamk and jlabow

·
Registered
229 Posts
FIRST...LAST...AND ONLY WARNING. Pop off like that again on a new member, or any member for that matter and it will be your last post on this forum. JTspartan, I apologize and I hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The hot starting issue really scares me. Especially with the hot and humid Georgia summers.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Starting issue is real, and a real bitch, mine has done it since day one, no solution so far.
Also, mine will do it hot or not. I did find loose battery cables, tightened em up, seemed to help a little, but not fixed.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Where is the battery on the 2 seat turbo?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I tried it with a diesel fullsized battery and it still started hard when warm. It has never not started, but a big boost battery only seemed to help a small bit.

Battery is mounted to firewall above dead pedal.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
FIRST...LAST...AND ONLY WARNING. Pop off like that again on a new member, or any member for that matter and it will be your last post on this forum. JTspartan, I apologize and I hope you find what you're looking for.
Yes that was a little out of line but you've let O7XLN get away with it for a long time!!! Just go read his profile.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
My Max fires up great, Cold, medium and Hot.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I'd like to think we can all come on here and be civil. This is a place where we can ask any and ALL questions about our beloved machines. I want to learn as much as I can about my model and others do too no matter how bazaar the subject. I think guys with attitudes ruin this place!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts