Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361755005.765783.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361755021.963904.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361755031.275020.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361755041.219209.jpg
Put 40 miles on it at 40-50 mph yesterday to break in the new belt. Went out today and did four 0-60 runs to check how high the motor revs, and THE PIMARY BOLT BROKE!!!!!!! TRASHED THE PRIMARY AND SECONDARY!!!!! That's two breaks in two weekends!!!!! I don't trust this thing to go on a Mike's Sky Ranch run or to San Felipe for a week!!! People say that putting an aftermarket primary on it is the answer. Well, that's $850 that I kinda don't want to spend. Although, the wife is warming up to the idea. And there goes the warranty on that part of the drivetrain. And is the crank strong enough to handle it? THIS SUCKS!!! Every thing else is awsome about the Mav! But an unreliable cvt system sucks!!! Can Am needs a different primary.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What does can-am plan to do to fix this problem ??
When did you get the Maverick ??

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have an update kit for it which consists of a couple of slippery washers. Mine had one slippery one and one thick washer. It's just a bandaid.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That sucks glamisfan, did you have the updated slippery washer bullsh*t upgrade? We pay good money for these machines and have to deal with this crap. Can am needs to step up and fix this issue for good. I have a dune trip planned in a week. All I can think about is breaking down and ruining my vacation on my new 17.5k toy.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Damn glamisfan Im at the pool and I feel ur pain. 2k on a stm just so my new tow doesn't get towed back again. ..lol

I spent money on a new aftermarket clutch 3 years ago on the commander first...never once has it been towed back after 3 duning years..several dirt trips...no lost weekend trips

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
12.9 or something

·
Registered
217 Posts
Had mine since December 18th got 7 miles on it been wait n to see if they had a good fix looks like they don't so its headed to performance atv for the cvtech stm clutch work

·
Registered
791 Posts
I know it's been said before but if I were you I would save yourself some pain and shell for a different primary at least until they come out with a real fix. It is easy to resell a CV tech or QSC primary as the quad guys are always looking for them too. $850 to buy, use it for a few months, sell it for $750 no problem. Can-Am needs to get his fixed but you need to ride in the mean time....

That also sucks about your diff seal. I hope it is an isolated case. Leaks are a show stopper for the mud guys as oil out also means water in... How do they have the rear diff vented? Is it a clear hose? I would check to make sure it is not kinked somewhere able to vent properly.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yea RTB its a clear hose on both diff vents. Check and make sure the factory zip ties aren't too tight Glamis

1 - 20 of 51 Posts