Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to comment on them. Do they rattle, how does the latch work etc?? Do they help keeping mud out of the cab?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
806 Posts
So far, my pro armor doors are great. They open and close very easily and set flush with the body. Keeps out limbs,most of the mud, and highway wind when its cold as shit outside.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the reply, I really like the utv inc doors as the mounting seems nice and strong but the dealer here gonna give me the pro armor at cost if i want them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My pa doors don't rattle on my commander. And thy didn't rattle on my rzr either.

Stiff

Tapatalk using iPad.

·
Registered
806 Posts
No. Mine don't rattle. Yet, anyway.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If they have a rubber bumper stop putting pressure against the door latch they won't rattle. I know the older p/a & blingstar doors don't have these bumpers on them so they eventually rattle over time.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm sure there's a way. I did a quick fix & put some heat shrink tubing over my latch pins. It stopped the rattle so far & its been on there over a year now.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
utv inc has doors out for the maverick ?

Thx for the reply, I really like the utv inc doors as the mounting seems nice and strong but the dealer here gonna give me the pro armor at cost if i want them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oops my bad "Turnkey"!!!! Im not going to be hard on the doors.basically just dont want rattles with mud and wind protection. I think they both look good.. Cost wise not to concerned

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got a set of the Pro Armor made for Can-Am from the dealer, cant answer the question as they dont fit. They are sending me a new set of doors we will see.
Make sure the ones he has the brackets line up they are way off not just a little.
Dealer had another kit they were closer but still didnt fit.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
APPOLOGIES TO TURNKEY.....wow, losing my mind...That should have said i LOVE the doors Turnkey has.....I happened to be looking at those back lit switches as i was posting that, which was at utvand there awesome! The nicest doors i have ever seen on any sxs is the new ones TURNKEY HAS.... gee sorry guys, go it straighted out now... teach me to try and multi function...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the Can-Am doors by Pro Armor. No rattles, just two little issues, the back end where it connects to the cage, the engagement is a little off. Machined a couple of little bushings and it works great. The other is since I am not a small guy, I tend to brace my left knee against the door right at the latch, the foot rest is just not comfortable. After a day of riding in the dunes my knee was raw. Put a small pad off foam rubber 3/4" thick right in that area, problem solved.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my opinion these doors when installed are okay, but they are absolute garbage as far as the manufacturing quality is concerned. I had to modify brakets, cut body plastic around the latch, elongate holes, fabricate spacers, etc just to get hem to fit. About 5-6 hours for a "bolt on" installation. The latch adjustment design is extremely poor and to prevent the doors from rattling I had to install a piece of rubber tubing on the latch pin ... A complete PITA to install. I only wish I would have done more research before buying these. My bad...but anyone considering buying these doors would be wise to consider the Turnkey product or Blingstar, or anything else...maybe even nothing!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for all the input on these. I was going to get the Can Am doors until realized they were a "low" door and they were on back order. I've always heard good stuff about the fit and finish of the blingstars. I don't want to sink that much money and then hate them or have to modify them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts