Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl want me to get the can am convertible roof. Anyone have any experience? Is the back part plastic? Or is it fabric? I wanted to go with a aftermarket aluminum. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
164 Posts
My girl want me to get the can am convertible roof. Anyone have any experience? Is the back part plastic? Or is it fabric? I wanted to go with a aftermarket aluminum. What are your thoughts?
The front part is plastic (first 14inches or so) then rest is fabric. i had one on mine and switch to a turn hey alm. It was kind of a pain to take the fabric off all the time because you don't want to tow with it on I still have it if you want it will sell cheap.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Are u talking about these roofs with the sport visor? They work great and are all plastic and its nice to be able to take if off when its nice weather! Just four velcro straps hold it on, so its super easy to remove!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the sport visor style on my max, I like it for when you want the sun. I haven't pulled it on an open top trailer yet (so hooking up to the toy hauler for short couple hour rides kind of sucks) so I don't know how it will withstand the wind yet. The product manual says if you roll it up to the front its trailer capable.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have aluminum on mine and my father in law has the convertible. The convertible is nice if you want sun once and a while. Personally, I think the aluminum looks better but if you do decide to go that route, weather strip around the whole underside to prevent rattle. The convertible will not rattle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts