Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am the new owner of a 2014 Maverick X xc.:in love: I am trying to install the Can-am Baja pre-runner front bumper with the Can-am winch and mounting plate.

I can not figure out how to get the top bolts and nuts on. Well, I got the bolt stuck though the hole but can not get my hand around to the back for installing the nut.... feeling stupid but there is just no room. Thought about taking the radiator off but that would be a pain and probably not help. Plus I don't see how to get the rest of the plastic hood off after you remove the airbox door.

Anyone got some helpful suggestions?

I have only ridden this once last weekend and was hoping to do more this weekend but right now the front bumper is just hang on with the bottom bolt! :disappointed:... Then I have to finish wiring the winch too...

Who ever designed this bumper mount must be very flexible and small ! :crazy:

Thanks!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...the stock bumper had a set of clip on nuts to stay in place... not NEARLY as strong as the replacements in the winch kit, but I think I am going to use those with the new stronger bolts...if they fit.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride! Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the Can Am Pre-Runner bumper but hopefully someone will chime in and help you out....

Reactions: Megathumper
1 - 3 of 3 Posts