·
Registered
7,381 Posts
very cool...

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
They are using all major SxS brands, not just Popo's.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
160 Posts
They are using all major SxS brands, not just Popo's.
They do but as I work with SF I can tell ya that 90% of the sxs they use here in Afghanistan are Teryx. It would be nice to get some of them Can Am's here but I could see them breaking a lot just like the Teryx cause these guys load them down with tons of gear that they just weren't made to haul.

·
Registered
160 Posts
looking good, wish I could come across some of those run flat 12 ply tires!!
Yea they are pretty nice. What they have on the Teryx right now is a ITP tire with a run flat installed inside it. Only problem I have with it is guys dont know they have flats and just keep driving them with no air in the tire lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think sxs's in general for the military are retarded unless it's used on base as a to and from vehicle. Like Lbs said above, they just don't have a high enough payload for the price.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think sxs's in general for the military are retarded unless it's used on base as a to and from vehicle. Like Lbs said above, they just don't have a high enough payload for the price.
They are far from retarded as we are located in the mountains and 70% of missions are done on sxs's and dirt bikes. The team guys just always try to carry and much gear as they would in a truck and then put 4-5 people on a sxs. MRAP's really can't go many places in the mountains over here where the Taliban hide.

·
Registered
382 Posts
A jeep isn't much wider and seems like it could be made much safer and much more reliable. But I'm not over there so maybe the trails are really tight and the sxs can do it and the Jeep can't. You would know.

·
Registered
528 Posts
While watching this...I was wondering if you'd reach out to them...heck the users are just down the road from you.
Ideas are brewing

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
the front bumper and wheels were badass.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
While watching this...I was wondering if you'd reach out to them...heck the users are just down the road from you.
I need to, they're only a hour and a half away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts