Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install this roof on a base 2014 maverick. The instructions that came with the roof are garbage. The part list for my year and model says I need to use a certain number of parts, but when I go through the instructions it doesn't use all the parts...... It says to cut the rubber strand into different sections, but doesn't tell where to place them on the roll cage.

Has anyone installed one of these roofs, and if so, could you post a pictures of your brackets on the back side and also where you put the rubber strand?

I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have a turnkey roof but referring to the rubber strand, I went and bought some 1/2 or 3/4 weather stripping and place around the whole roof and placed it on the crossbar on the front of cage. Can't be that hard, put the roof on and center it. Sure there's a sweet spot for it. Clamp it down enough so it doesn't want to slip off and go from their.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Cut the weather strip into the sizes they tell you. The shorter ones will go on the sides and the longer one on the front. Test fit the roof without the mounting brackets to see where to stick the weather strip, and mark with a pencil. You will need both plastic spacers in the rear center mount, or the roof will sag bad in the center. I eliminated the two rear corner brackets, and moved the clamps to the side for better support. I'll post a pic later.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm getting a maverick turbo and really like this aluminum roof. But I need a DOT full windshield. I read somewhere that you can't use a full windshield with this roof, is that accurate? Or maybe they just meant the OEM full windshield won't fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts