Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to buy a new sxs and was pretty convinced i wanted a rzr 900 xp until I test drove a 2013 maverick x-rs today. It felt glued to the road and way more comfortable as well as felt way more peppy and the stock exhaust sounded fantastic compared to the popo. Seats were better and instruments too.

So I'm planning on pulling the trigger on this thing Tuesday. What must have mods do I need to do to this thing? It'll probably end up snorkeled before its done with and I'll need some clutching for oversized tires.

Anyone running one of these in deep mud/water as well as keeping it somewhat trail friendly? I'm thing 28" terms. Ridiculous stereo, 5000lb winch

All opinions are welcome! Have any of you ran into major issues right out of the box? Anyone switched from a rzr and wish they hadn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a few things on mine and it's been a pretty good all round machine

30" monster mayhems w/14" ITP SS 212 rims
3" super atv lift
5000 lb viper elite winch w/65' synthetic cable
Canam upgraded bumper
Rear hitch assembly
Pro armor Bimini roof
Canam rear mesh
Back up lights
Rock sliders
Sport low mode wiring harness from arctic bomb on eBay
24" LED light bar spot/flood combo
LED halos from tricled.com
HID's

Will be adding doors, skids, mud guards, STM/QSC clutch combo and dual muzzy exhaust with the digituner from Vforcejohn on the can-amforum.com aurora wheelers and upgraded tie rod ends

Only thing it went into the shop for was a new starter. There was a batch of bad ones and mine went at 290 km. I rate the machine at a 10/10 as of now.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
get a front utv gusset kit rear hitch gusset , anyones tie rods front/rear and a clutch kit , after that ur set !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet are there pics of yours? More bumper would be a good thing but I'd hate to hurt the looks of the mav

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Sweet are there pics of yours? More bumper would be a good thing but I'd hate to hurt the looks of the mav

search megadesertdiesel threads on here , he posted pics of gusset kit !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts