Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all this is my first post here. I have a 2020 maverick trail and put a Can Am Winch in it. While plowing my driveway the rope broke. I unspooled the rope to get it out and had a question. Is there a set screw that holds the rope in the spool? It looks like a set screw but im not sure. If it is does anyone know the size allen I need to get it out? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Buddy of mine here also just had a Can-Am plow installed on his X3 and his rope has now broken multiple times. The way it pulls straight back is a joke and a design flaw.

·
Registered
2020 Can-am maverick x3 DS
20 Posts
Buddy of mine here also just had a Can-Am plow installed on his X3 and his rope has now broken multiple times. The way it pulls straight back is a joke and a design flaw.
You guys figure this out? You say the way it pull straight back is a design flaw. Are you referring to something with the winch or something with the plow to winch geometry?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Both. It connects to the plow straight out instead of vertically down. There is a YouTube video of a guy who welded a simple pulley which worked well.

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC Turbo
66 Posts
I think you guys are missing the point of his question, it not whether there is a design flaw but how to reattach the winch rope. I haven't dealt with it on my x3 yet but my outlander rope was held in by a pin that wedged the rope into the spool. Hopefully someone will chime in that has worked on one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts