Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I ordered a harness bar when I picked up my Mav last week (2013 X-rs) and then ordered some 3" Pro Armor 5 point harnesses from Tyler at Devious Powersports. I got the harnesses yesterday (thanks Tyler!) and installed them last night. I check on the harness bar from the dealer this morning and they tell me it is on backorder until sometime in August! So I called another Can Am dealer 30 miles away and they say they just got some in so I buy it over the phone and today my wife went and picked it up. So I go to install it and it doesn't match up to the roll bars???? So I actually looked at the instructions and right on the cover it says not for use with the 2013 and older Maverick and Commander.

I even asked the schmuck from the dealership if this would fit on the 2013's because the accessories catalog only said 2014 before I bought them. He talked to somebody and they said yes, it would fit because the roll cages are the same….NOT! The roll cage on the 2014 must be slightly wider because the mounts on the end of the bar were too far apart to fit on my cage. I like the look of them too because they had tabs welded to it for the harness to bolt on to, which I though was a nice feature. Unfortunately, it is going back and now I have 3 point harnesses until I either wait until some time in August to get the bar I have paid for on backorder or I find someone who has an aftermarket bar in stock who can ship it out ASAP.

I don't like the Pro Armor bars so they are off the table. I do like the UTV.inc harness bar as it looks very similar to the CanAm unit. The TurnKey bar looks very similar but looks like it mounts to the rear roll bar as do the Factory UTV bars. So who has the best forum member price and more importantly, who has them in stock!

Also, does anyone have the CORRECT part number for the Can Am harness bar for the 2013 Mav's?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I put on the utvinc bar. Got it from Tyler w/Devious along with the 5 point harnesses. It looks awesome and fits perfect.
You might go with that one.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that is my first choice. Interesting though since their website only lists the Pro Armor bar??? Can you PM me what you paid for it….

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all ready shot him a PM….

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
just get a tube and weld it in your self !

Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are many things i am good at but, I never got around to learning how to weld…..

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Post a pic. My UTVinc harness bar didn't quite fit, but I manhadled it on. Then AFTER I fought it, I learned that yuo need loosen up the bolts on the cage...Doooh. Might be the case with your new harness bar as well...

Reactions: UTV Inc

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, all ready boxed it back up….it was off by about 3/4" and when I looked at the instructions it said not for use on 2013 and older Mavericks and Commanders so they must haver changed the roll cage slightly.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
After struggling trying get a bolt on harness bar to fit, I decided to just weld one on.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow…i haven't heard of anyone saying their bar had troubles fitting…..I ma not a welder, so I am at the mercy of the aftermarket or a welder!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, I need to learn but I would need to get a welder first!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
go to harbor freight get welder 80-100, cheaper then harness bar lol, also get a grinder ,

grab some metal practice first, figure ur heat and wire speed out , then bam u will have a blast , u can go crazy with the weld and grind smooth later so don't worry about looks, lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i would also need a pipe cutter and some special tool to cut the end to the right taper to fit around the roll cage….

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
grinder will do it all !

notch the pipe to , just cut a shallow V in the ends

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
omg lol same posts

1 - 20 of 37 Posts