Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a small light bar be mounted on a stock front bumper of a mav? If so, what size and which brand? Pics would be great.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I had a 12" led bar and a pair of 7" hid's on the stock bumper. Everything was bolted to a piece of angle iron, which was bolted to the two aluminum channels coming off the top of the bumper. The l_e_d light didn't do too much good, so I took it off and just bolted the h_i d's to those 2 aluminum channels.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I had a 12" led bar and a pair of 7" hid's on the stock bumper. Everything was bolted to a piece of angle iron, which was bolted to the two aluminum channels coming off the top of the bumper. The l_e_d light didn't do too much good, so I took it off and just bolted the h_i d's to those 2 aluminum channels.
How come the LED didn't work out on the bumper? I was thinking about maybe adding a 10" or 12".

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'm running the stock lights converted to HID's, plus two 7" HID's, so with 6 HID's the 4500 lumen led just wasn't adding anything but weight.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I went a different way and really like the results.

View attachment 5098
Thats the best way in my opinion. Awesome light output. Even with my lil 30" bar

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
And I no longer have the LED light on there. Those two 7" lights are bolted directly onto the aluminum channels coming off the top of the bumper.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm running the stock lights converted to HID's, plus two 7" HID's, so with 6 HID's the 4500 lumen led just wasn't adding anything but weight.
I will be running the HID bulbs as well with a 40" LED bar and that should be plenty of light.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have a hard time seeing at night and wanted more light. I basically did the same thing as Glamisfan. I had two 7" lights laying around in the garage, bought the HID conversion kit off ebay and mounted them to the stock front bumper. I can see great now. I will be converting the stock headlights to HID as well after Halloween.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts