Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what would be your recommendation . I am going to be picking up a monster ecu and auto tune, exhaust, custom intake , 58 tb, clutches. so my question is what kind of power are you getting by adding cam's .

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
No one's been able to do it yet because they've been waiting on the monster ecu. Mr. RPM on here said he's still working on getting the monster ecu dialed in for the Maverick.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's my understanding as well

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just wanted to check on the progress.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
should be atleast 82 to 85 rwhp when the ecu is figured out Thats what the 1000 canam quads are putting down with exhaust and cams

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my ds 800 is putting down 80+ rwhp. So i hope by the time they get it tuned in, it's closer to 90+ . :smile:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yeah, been tuning on it today, it's comin around, but power is hard to find, in just tuning. This particular mav has a rather low shiftout, around 7600rpms, and is still pulling around 71RWHP. It may have some kinda clutch kit in it, idk, either way, i'm gonna raise shiftout, see if it'll help, since peak power rpm is around 8100-8200rpms, totally stock. Not exactly sure how much power is in switching clutches, I'm sure it feels faster, and it prolly is, but as far as more power going to the tires, I kinda doubt it, I know on quads, they don't put down more peak anyway.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah if a clutch is fully engaged stock or aftermarket there shouldn't be any difference up top. I won't be getting the ecu until march, but if you need one to tune let me know i will drop mine off for a month. btw any progress on the blower?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Got the blower back runnin, gonna try an ecu next, soon as we get it to where we want it. The stock Mav is on the dyno now, gotta get it off before I put the blower machine back on.

Yes, I could use one to tune on, later on. We could try some cams, as soon as we get the ecu sorted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts