Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I want to ride somewhere besides our usual places next weekend. So who has ridden up at Calico? Never been there (to ride or camp) befor. How is the riding, and is it worth a weekend? Is it worth staying in the camp grounds, or just camp at or near Odessa, or Mule canyon? I know a lot of people go target shooting out there. Would it be better to camp off Ft. Irwin rd on the back side of Calico mountain?

Looks like lots of jeep trails, and some moderate 4x4, with plenty of open desert out around Coyote dry lake to the north.
Any advice is appriciated.

Andy

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If you decide not to go... we will be at Glamis (Gecko Rd) this weekend. Me, wife and another couple with a Mav also.

·
Registered
236 Posts
When staying out in Newberry Springs area, we usually do a ride over to Calico, and there's some cool riding. Haven't camped there, but the most notable trails up the mountain are Jeep trails, and probably a little tough for UTV, but there's tons of easy trails you can take from all around the mountain to get up to cool viewspots. Some cool open mine shafts and a small monks cave if that's your thing. And when tired of slower trails, there's unlimited haul ass open desert to be had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts