Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can am offers a rear plastic window for the can am maverick but there are different part numbers for the 2013 vs 2014. Is there a difference in the cage? I want to order the following rear windshield Can Am Maverick Rear Window Shield Back Panel BRP Canam | eBay

The hard windshield that I want to purchase mounts to the back of the cage whereas the plastic one from can am mounts on the inner part of the cage right behind the rear passengers. Is there a difference between the 2013 and 2014 on the far back of the cage?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yes the cages are different. slight variance in width and the 2014's have reinforced gussets in certain locations and the 2013's do not.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
anyone with 2014 maverick can u post pics of your stock cage ?

wondering whats different

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
visually, the only difference you can see are the added gussets. Other than that, they tweaked the geometry just enough to where you can't use the same harness bar for both years.....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
visually, the only difference you can see are the added gussets. Other than that, they tweaked the geometry just enough to where you can't use the same harness bar for both years.....
where did they add the gussets

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That sure seems stupid on their part from a production standpoint.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Top front and rear corners as well as the grab handle area on the 2014 has a gusset

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
The overall dimensions have changed "slightly". I don't have 2 of them to measure but it is confirmed that the cage width is different between the 2.
I'm just talking about the gussets. They seem thin and not really adding much more strength.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm just talking about the gussets. They seem thin and not really adding much more strength.
gotcha…..I think they are trying to reinforce the cage from folding backwards in the event of a front roll over since several folks have had the unfortunate opportunity to experience this firsthand. Not sure these gussets are up to the task but I would hope they did some testing before just releasing the changes…..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know someone that knows someone that could find out if that rear window fits a 2014 (ex: dealer, distributer, aftermarket people)?

·
Registered
278 Posts
i am not home right now, but i have a 2013 and 2014 in my shop, i have a rear windscreen on both, they are different... the seat belt mounts are in a different spot, and with the braces added the cages are different. i know that the mounting straps are in different spots between the two, the rear windscreen off of the 2013 will not fit on the 2014... in a few days when i get home i can take some pictures if you still need them...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The solid rear window doesn't mount tight against the bars, so there is some gap. Gusset location should not matter. Take a look at the pic of the rear window and tell me if you think it would work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts