Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I know I just posted about this last week and was happy with the price. But now I logged on to www.cabelas.com and found the same Warn built 4200 lb Cabela's branded winch on sale even cheaper......ONLY $239.99!!!!!! This is a USA made Warn winch for a screaming deal and not some import piece of crap.

I ordered it last week for $289, but now an online ad just came up for this $50 cheaper price. Go get em now! I'm thinking about ordering another one.

Cabela's Vantage Trail Tamer Extreme Winches by Warn® : Cabela's

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow, yeah that seems a nice winch and a great price. Anyone have one already…if so what's the feedback, especially as far as fit w/ the factory bumper? What mount do you plan to use?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Guys,

I know I just posted about this last week and was happy with the price. But now I logged on to www.cabelas.com and found the same Warn built 4200 lb Cabela's branded winch on sale even cheaper......ONLY $239.99!!!!!! This is a USA made Warn winch for a screaming deal and not some import piece of crap.

I ordered it last week for $289, but now an online ad just came up for this $50 cheaper price. Go get em now! I'm thinking about ordering another one.

Cabela's Vantage Trail Tamer Extreme Winches by Warn® : Cabela's

Contact cabela's and see if you or they will give the sale price since you just bought it. Even a gift card would be cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sprinks, I already contacted them and they said they will honor the new sale price when my winch shows up this week. So I was pretty jazzed about that.

Brandon

·
Registered
400 Posts
NiCE price, thanks for heads up, maybe putting this on list of purchases this week.. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ok, sure it's made by WARN but for half the price of their own name brand winches it can't be as good, right? I'm not saying it isn't a good winch but would you think that their WARN 4000 winch is better since it costs much more? Just curious.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ok, sure it's made by WARN but for half the price of their own name brand winches it can't be as good, right? I'm not saying it isn't a good winch but would you think that their WARN 4000 winch is better since it costs much more? Just curious.

VERY GOOD QUESTION i might add......

·
Registered
400 Posts
but i will say i see the Cabelas version made by Warn still has 1 year Elec and 5 year warranty all other so its not bad deal i am thinking.. :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Usually when Cabela's puts their sticker on something, it ups the price 20%, not down. I'm curious to why it's cheaper also. Maybe a discontinued model?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Killrb (Brandon?): please let us know what you think (about how good of a "deal" this is) after receiving the winch? Are most people using aftermarket bumpers w/ built-in mounts rather than adding the mounting plate to the stock front bumper? If so what're opinions on the best front bumper?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Alright all of this talk convinced me to take the leap and order the TTX4200 for my Maverick. If you follow don't be a ding-dong like me and forget to put in the code ("34HOT") for free shipping! I called them and in about one minute they fixed it for me. What great customer service from Cabelas! Guess I'm going to be ordering more things from them :). Tough to beat for $239.99!

TbTexas: are you using this mounting plate w/ the TTX4200 or similar Warn wench?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I picked up my winch today. Warn is actually a customer of mine so I called a contact I have after looking the Cabela's winch over. Tom (works in machine shop tooling) told me he isn't completely certain on all the details but understands it is essentially the same as their standard Vantage 4000. Apparently, the drum diameter is slightly different, which changes the gearing to make it a 4200 lb rating. He also thought the motors are from the RT series but work perfect with the new gearing. But it has metal gears, sealed, same warranty, etc. Tom did mention that Cabela's buying 2,500 winches at a time lets them get about anything they want.

Also, I ordered an inexpensive ($40) KFI winch plate knowing I will be redrilling the mounting holes 1.25" forward to clear my CT Racing front gusset plate. This will be my temporary set up until I get some cash to order the CT Racing bumper with the winch mount built in.

I had to head out of town tonight but I will post up some pics later this week.

Brandon

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ordered mine today as well..... :)

Reactions: West Texas Raider

·
Registered
162 Posts
Why would you not buy a super winch off of Amazon. Lifetime warranty and probably one of the best winches made. Not saying these cabelas winches are no good. Just saying.

·
Registered
400 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts