Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Glamis this weekend having a good time until I got a strong whiff of gear oil. Stopped to see what was going on and found my diff trying to give birth to the ring gear bolts. Was able to drive it back to camp.

Over 4300 miles and they let loose.

Off to the dealer again!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Ouch! I asked on your other post, how was the weekend? Will they be able to get you back up and running for Thanksgiving?

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch! I asked on your other post, how was the weekend? Will they be able to get you back up and running for Thanksgiving?
Weekend was great until that happen. Weather was a little warm, but tolerable. Not too crowded out there. Ended up riding my quad way more than normal.

I contacted the dealer on Saturday and the service manager was not in. Someone else took all my infomration and I will call on Tuesday when they open. They are closed today. As long as the front diff is available I should be able to get it fixed before my Thanksgiving trip.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Weekend was great until that happen. Weather was a little warm, but tolerable. Not too crowded out there. Ended up riding my quad way more than normal.

I contacted the dealer on Saturday and the service manager was not in. Someone else took all my infomration and I will call on Tuesday when they open. They are closed today. As long as the front diff is available I should be able to get it fixed before my Thanksgiving trip.
The Vet ceremony seemed really crowded from the pics I saw. That has really taken off over the years. Yeah, as long as you have something else to ride, it doesn't make the trip a washout.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Vet ceremony seemed really crowded from the pics I saw. That has really taken off over the years. Yeah, as long as you have something else to ride, it doesn't make the trip a washout.
It was a packed house at the Flagpole. Never seen so many people in the dunes heading that direction. We did a drive by and continued on to Duners Diner.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is there an extended warranty on the diff if the bolts back out?
My front diff was covered under extended warranty. My warranty is exclusionary so unless specifically excluded in the excluded paragraph everything is covered. Things excluded are things like tires, belts, plastic trim, headlights, and other nick nack stuff. I'm really thankful for this warranty now haha.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@sand shark I blew out my front diff two weeks ago in Johnson. Took it to my dealer and had it replaced under warranty in less than two weeks. Picked it up Thursday and was shredding in Glamis all weekend.
I am hoping for a very quick turn around.

Does anyone know if the newer diffs they are replacing the broken ones with have updated bolts? or is the Torque Master bolt upgrade still recommended?

·
Registered
160 Posts

Does anyone know if the newer diffs they are replacing the broken ones with have updated bolts? or is the Torque Master bolt upgrade still recommended?
If you have to, grease the wheels of the service department with a little extra "tip". I was told they were two weeks out on even looking at it but, that changed quick with a little "grease" haha.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts

I would use the good bolts if I were you. While your at it throw in a torq locker. I did both, and used retaining compound. I love it.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Yes you would need smartlok axles. They have a bigger inner spline. Also both left and right axles are the same not two different ones like Visco.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Yes you would need smartlok axles. They have a bigger inner spline. Also both left and right axles are the same not two different ones like Visco.

That would be the thing to do

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 65 Posts